SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the search function is not working, for me at least it isnt, just curious for those of you with the BSR PPC, do the active chassis buttons (comfort, sport, advanced) still change the throttle response? If so, can you still feel the difference from comfort to advanced?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Re: BSR PPC and throttle response... (juve021)

Yes, there is a clear difference and I prefer the throttle response mapped to Advanced but the damper setting sport. Unfortunately this combination is not possible

·
Registered
83 Posts
there's been talk that the engine timing is changed , when advanced button is pressed, so if u have a ecu upgrade, bsr,ipd,rica,etc, does the advanced button still change engine timing??

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: (daves60r)

Nope. The difference between advanced and the other 2 setting is just as pronounced with the BSR PPC as it was stock.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Re: BSR PPC and throttle response... (juve021)

I just installed the BSR software, and it seems to me that the suspension settings have changed a bit - both the Sport and the Advanced settings seem to be firmer than they were with the stock software. I am trying to find out whether the BSR software made any changes to the suspenson settings and whether the throttle response is also changed from stock. If I get any definite info I will post it in a new thread.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: BSR PPC and throttle response... (OwlsInBog)

The BSR PPC does not affect the suspension. Now that the car is faster the suspension has to work all that much harder to keep up with that extra body roll, front back and side to side. This is why the suspension feels different. I thought the same thing when I received the BSR. The explaination I gave you was the same that BSR gave me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts