SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how recent they updated this...but i've been asking them for a little bit now about Stage 3 for my car and trying to inquire about getting it right off the bat when I order.

Now, the listing on their site says Stage 3 is 'NOT FOR CARS WITH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION" and several reps have repeatedly told me they do not have the Stage 3 for the auto, nor have they ever.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: BSR is being stupid (cicatrizdare)

That sucks.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: BSR is being stupid (volvoNB)

Quote, originally posted by volvoNB »
WTF, have they jipped me out of $200? I paid that much to go to stage 3. My A/F ratio looks good, but who knows.

Was there a noticeable difference in power from Stage 1 to 3? I'm gonna shy away from BSR until I hear from them. I messaged them about the conflicting info and I'll wait to see what they say.

Their website specifically says that Stage 3 is not for Automatic transmissions.

·
Registered
152 Posts

its cuz you bought the wrong tranny

a good amount of aftermarket companys will come out with parts/tunes for MT before AT if they ever produce it for AT

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: BSR is being stupid (s40kid)

Quote, originally posted by s40kid »

a good amount of aftermarket companys will come out with parts/tunes for MT before AT if they ever produce it for AT

Really? I didn't know that thanks.

/sarcasm

I could care less if they didn't have 'stage 3' for the auto from the get-go. I'd just go with RICA (which I probably am); what ticks me is that SEVERAL people on here have BSR Stage 3 and a while back a BSR Rep had told me it'd be no problem to Stage 3 my current setup....but now they are repeatedly refusing and saying they never had stage 3 for the autos.

So...the transmission thing is a non-issue, it's BSR that I have an issue with right now.

Prolly just go RICA and forget about it.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts

Perhaps they discovered something about the ATs that causes reliability issues with the power levels at stage 3? Who knows. Regardless, they're just loosing your business. Go with RICA.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hope that BSR gets their act together soon. They gave c30 owners such a crappy revised tune (The original tune was fantastic, but perhaps the throttle response was too much for AT's or it was blowing up engines) that I have been thinking of dumping my PPC and spending the money to go with RICA. At least I could get a downpipe and go to stage 3. BTW Anyone notice that the BSR tune for s40/v50s has more torque than the tune for c30's? What gives BSR?
I know that you guys monitor this site.

Modified by Central Texas at 8:25 PM 4-14-2009

Modified by Central Texas at 8:26 PM 4-14-2009

Modified by Central Texas at 8:28 PM 4-14-2009

·
Registered
152 Posts

Quote, originally posted by cicatrizdare »

Really? I didn't know that thanks.

/sarcasm

I could care less if they didn't have 'stage 3' for the auto from the get-go. I'd just go with RICA (which I probably am); what ticks me is that SEVERAL people on here have BSR Stage 3 and a while back a BSR Rep had told me it'd be no problem to Stage 3 my current setup....but now they are repeatedly refusing and saying they never had stage 3 for the autos.

So...the transmission thing is a non-issue, it's BSR that I have an issue with right now.

Prolly just go RICA and forget about it.
i can understand your frustration. but my joke still applies, if you bought the manual you wouldn't have had to go back and forth with BSR in the first place. so no need to get sarcastic have fun with your 2 pedals
take a joke man. lifes too short. if your pissed at BSR say F*uck them and go rica.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Re: (SDS40)

Quote, originally posted by SDS40 »
all this BSR stuff is making me second guess going with them, however i live in ca and therefore stage 3 isn't even an option.
that sucks man, thats one reson i could never move to CA. would love to visit. but my car/s are too importaint

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: BSR is being stupid (s40kid)

Quote, originally posted by s40kid »

Sometimes it is where you stay to decide what tranny to buy. If I were in some suburb area and no traffic jam everyday, I would have bought a MT, but in Cali with that jam, no way I'm going with a MT. I've driven my room mate's MT car, it is a pain to drive it in severe jams, we only try to use it when we know for sure there is no jam.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: BSR is being stupid (fone)

Quote, originally posted by fone »

Sometimes it is where you stay to decide what tranny to buy. If I were in some suburb area and no traffic jam everyday, I would have bought a MT, but in Cali with that jam, no way I'm going with a MT. I've driven my room mate's MT car, it is a pain to drive it in severe jams, we only try to use it when we know for sure there is no jam.

Same reason I got the geartronic, too much stop and go traffic. If the S40 weren't my daily driver or if I could afford another car it would be a manual. Looks like I will be going with a RICA tune in the future.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: BSR is being stupid (BtownVolvo)

Quote, originally posted by BtownVolvo »
Sorry to hear that Matt, but can't say I didn't warn you about their customer service

Yea, i'm just glad I didnt buy it and then find this out.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts

I asked BSR the question and their answer is that they no longer sell it to automatic. Maybe somebody out there did go a little crazy and the transmission dead.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: BSR is being stupid (volvoNB)

Quote, originally posted by volvoNB »
I asked BSR the question and their answer is that they no longer sell it to automatic. Maybe somebody out there did go a little crazy and the transmission dead.

"Hello Matthew Ferran,

i dont know what you have heard.. but we do not sell this kit for automatic.

Best regards /BSR"

Wow.

Oh well, to RICA I gooo.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts

that sucks with the BSR. would have been nice if they did the IPD thing and make us sign a waiver or something with the auto trans ... this way we could at least have the discresion on hard hard we drive our cars.

good luck man with RICA! I'm happy with BSR but fully understand http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
953 Posts
That sucks man. Hope you have better luck with RICA. I have no idea who to go to when it's time.

And on an unrelated note, do half the owners in this forum have Matt as a first name? It seems like there are at least 10 of us.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.