SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this product from Eurosport Tuning PPC ECU upgrade for Volvo v70 t5? It sounds soo good to be true... Just plug it in and you immediately have 40-50 more horses? then come time for the dealer check-up uninstall it like nothing was ever there? I saw it on Swedespeed for $995.00. Just curious if anyone has invested in this product.<br>Thanks!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Re: BSR Engine Tuning (turbo11)

Try reviewing old posts, this has been discussed ad nauseum. If you look, you'll find that many people are happy, because of the convenience. The US dealer has been slooooow, to say the least, but Eurosport should be fine.<p>The biggest problem has been that BSR has been slow to upgrade their software to accomodate the new ETM software (Note that you will get your software upgraded when you go to the dealer, typically, and that overwrites the existing software. If you have a 99-01 car, you should have your software upgraded. BSR finally incorporated that new software into theirs, but they, like IPD, didn't get it done immediately.)<p>Biggest advantage: ability to convert back to stock software when you visit the dealer. HOwever, the dealer can, if they look hard, determine that you reflashed the computer, they just won't know what you did. They may use that to deny a warranty claim, so think carefully about this .<p>Many IPD enthusiasts here because of their superior customer service, BSR seems to be slightly less responsive, if I read the messages correctly. Still, not a bad company to deal with.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: BSR Engine Tuning (wizzard_al)

Right on, Thanks Ill have to do some more research but good food for thought!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Re: BSR Engine Tuning (wizzard_al)

So, is it correct to assume that if I am out of warranty anyway, there is no huge benefit to the BSR when compared to a reprogrammed ECU???

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Re: BSR Engine Tuning (dugums)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>dugums</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So, is it correct to assume that if I am out of warranty anyway, there is no huge benefit to the BSR when compared to a reprogrammed ECU???</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Still get some benefits. If there was a manufacter update for your ECU, the dealer might overwrite your programming. With BSR you read the car and upload it to them. Usually next day they will have a new program for you to download. They also notify if they tweaked the ECU program.<br>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts