SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey James (or anyone else with the iPd exhaust),<BR>Are you having any problem keeping the tip clean on your exhaust? I can polish mine and within 3 days its brown and gross again. My car just had a tune up and I don't think its blowing smoke... (i'll have to get someone to drive behind me to make sure... but I was wondering if its just the way it is, or if my car is doing something weird.<BR>Thanks!<P>

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the BSR chip etc. and my tip also gets black from carbon in the exhaust. I clean it every few weeks, but it comes back. It is normal for it to do this. If it were able to stay clean all the time the car would be running too lean (not enough gas).<P>Rich S<BR>97 BSR S3 850R

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Austin,<P>I will have too second Thur's comments... I have to clean it, the exhaust tip, at a minimum two or three times a week; however, I do not recall seeing any brown tip or spots on my exhaust.<P>Nonetheless, I will take another look and reply, only if I am mistaken.<P>PS. Thanks for asking!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Austin I clean mine all the time, it only takes one wipe, part of life I guess. It always need to look clean when you have a nice exhaust system. Just dont let it go to long or it will get harder.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah,<BR>I tend to just (be lazy and) live with it. Then every couple weeks or so go all out with the polish.<P>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts