SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Do I have to replace the injector or is there a way to fix it?

I heard about 'repair kits' but I cannot find something specific for this one (XC70 AWD '05 - Bosch 62672)

Thank you for your advice!

Alex

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pintle cap. Can be bought with the seals and filters in a kit. Search Bosch Type 3 EV6 service kit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bosch-Type...570564?hash=item3b2f1e1304:g:gAoAAOSwfEdbqjuJ
Thank you.

I think I have identified the P/N Bosch 1 280 113 716
https://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com/en/internet/ecat-rs/spare-parts/-/ecat-spo/0280155831

I see there are two #12 but likely they are the same.

Once I get this washer, in order to install it without breaking it, do they simply need to be pushed in, like, I mean from top and pressure in with fingers?

I am asking because they are in plastic so I am not sure if they are rigid or not.

Alex

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
Bosch 0280155831
Volvo 9186340

I have a set of 5 for sale.

They are just pushed on, but can take a bit of force. The kit I linked is a service kit that I have ordered before. There is no harm in operating the injector as is temporarily if you need to get it up and running, you may need to retrieve the O-ring from the manifold seat upon removal. Lube the O-rings a little bit to help them seat.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Bosch 0280155831Lube the O-rings a little bit to help them seat.
Some kits come with improper O-rings, smaller than needed. If the fuel rail goes in without cussing, displace the new O-rings and use your old ones. Twice actual for the O-rings that comes into fuel rail itself. You don't want any gasoline fire in engine compartment, right?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I had the exact same issue. Just put everything back together and crossed my fingers. No issues to speak of.

2002 V70XC, 2003 V40, 2004 S60, 2010 V70

1 - 6 of 6 Posts