SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

My R Auto's shifter does not stay in auto anymore. It will slide from the auto setting into the manual setting with no resistance what so ever. I have been investigating and found that there is a yellow tab that is probally broken in there but I cant seem to get past getting the boot and the shift knob off to get in there. Can someone shine some light on this?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mine was broken as well a couple months back. Some Indy shops have rebuild kits for these, which they go out a lot. I would suggest you go and have them check it out. Sometimes the rebuild kit will cost like $100.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
It's a pain to deal with... Take the shift plate off, then there's 4 plastic pins that go into notches on top of the shifter... Takes a lot of force to make them go.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shift plate is what the boot is attached too with the gear indications on it correct? Thats where Im stuck at. How do I get the shift plate off?

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
The shift plate is what the boot is attached too with the gear indications on it correct? Thats where Im stuck at. How do I get the shift plate off?
You pry up on it... Remove the pen holder and pry up.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still struggling here. I was able to look under the boot at the base of the knob and there is no pin. I did see a sort of clip style mechanism but its located under the base of the knob and seems impossible to get to. Am I goin about this wrong?

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Still struggling here. I was able to look under the boot at the base of the knob and there is no pin. I did see a sort of clip style mechanism but its located under the base of the knob and seems impossible to get to. Am I goin about this wrong?
No. That's what I mean. They're on there pretty tight. Takes a lot of force. There are slots for a screwdriver IIRC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts