SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my front Front Strut Bump Stop / Helper Spring (Volvo part number 30760914, #7 in the figure below) broke resulting in the strut dust cover falling down. My caR has ~105K miles on it and to the best of my knowledge all the front suspension parts are original. I assume I should fix this ASAP so that strut does not get damaged by dirt, sand, and rocks.
While I everything taken apart does anyone have any suggestions on what else to replace with OEM or aftermarket parts. I plan on replacing the dust covers. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
869 Posts
XC90 spring seats (#6) are fairly cheap insurance if you're gonna have everything apart.

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
The strut bearings (#5) may be due, as well.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Apart from struts, I'd stick with OEM - more info here.

You'd hate to tear all this apart because a sub standard aftermarket part.
At your mileage, will you be replacing the struts?

·
Registered
861 Posts
I agree with replacing #5 and #6. The spring seats on mine were cracked at around 80K miles, resulting in a loud clunking noise when driving over rough surfaces. Since I was taking it all apart to replace spring seats, I replaced the strut bearings and struts at that same time. I did not replace the bump stops as the originals were in great shape, so if you want to buy the new ones I have at a deep discount give me a holler.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts