SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to take out the "flapper" that covers the two cupholder holes (was going to cover it with leather or some suade) but I broke the two side clips so the thing is now useless. Besides, my center console (between front seats - including armrest) is pretty scratched up. Is it possible to get an 06-07 center console? ...has it been done before? I wonder how much that would run me.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Re: Broke my center console cover (Rues R)

yea you can put in a 05 center with the slide door.. my brother's friend swapped it out on his R ...call erievolvo they should have some centers to sell..

·
6,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Broke my center console cover (lan)

Quote, originally posted by lan »
Like this? :

Please excuse the dirtiness

Ehhh... I don't know if I like that much aluminum around my shifter.
I was sort of hoping to just replace the arm rest (with that 2-piece one) and replace the cupholder cover with a top-bottom slider

·
Registered
905 Posts
Re: Broke my center console cover (tomedkaz)

the 04 and 05+ consoles are comepletely different beasts. NONE of the parts fit. You would have to do a complete swap to get the (newer) different cupholder.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts

or get fanciful with some custom work...

The aluminum looks 1000x better IMHO.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts

Quote, originally posted by lan »
Like this? :

Please excuse the dirtiness

Dang, get a new handbrake....I replaced mine b/c I scratched it and it cost like $20 for a new one.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Re: Broke my center console cover (AthruC)

Quote, originally posted by AthruC »
or get fanciful with some custom work...

The aluminum looks 1000x better IMHO.

I would have to agree, especially since seeing your LED downlight on aluminum trim compared to mine without, it illuminates quite well. But I still like black because it sets the 04s different from the 05s+ apart. Plus the LED downlight looks good on the black as well. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Re: (DGBibo)

Quote, originally posted by DGBibo »
how is the cheapest dealer part the emergency brake handle?!?!?! lol

The leather handle just slides on then clicks into place. The only way to get the old one off is the cut the top of the leather then crack the plastic surround. I was expecting it to be some where above $100 and my uncle gave me the bill and it cost $20-22.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Re: Broke my center console cover (tomedkaz)

When I had my 01-04 Volvos, I removed the cover and we took off (ground down) the hinges.
Then I made some large rubber "feet" for the front of it (the back has a built in resting spot) glued a piece (a tab) of leather on ther front so you could easily lift it off.
This way you could let it rest as normal, but if you wanted to actually USE the cupholder I would just take off the lip and chuck it in the glovebox or on the rear seat.
This way your arm doesn't have to deal with the open lid and you can put larger cups in the area

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.