SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had not used the car for a week (2011 v60 t3). Took it out yesterday to shops and to get fuel. While driving home I got a warning that the auto start/stop was turned off, no biggie

Then I got an ABS light.... starting to get worried

Then error with lights.

Then traction control light, thought I should pull over, as I was doing that the power steering failed. Eventually, the car shut off.

I got it started again, fine. All errors cleared for a few minutes and then came back. I then got a truck to come and pick up the car and take it to Volvo.

Waiting to hear back from them. The first assumption is the alternator?

Any ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
993 Posts
Almost certainly alternator and/or battery… low voltage will trigger any number of apparently random faults in these cars.
Yup, my first thought was battery. Crazy what faults a low battery will throw in modern cars, a car from 15 years ago, battery dies, it won't start, pretty clearly a flat battery. Modern cars, the car will throw all kinds of warning lights causing the owner to panic over a possible expensive repair, only for it to end up being the battery.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Had similar issues in the past. Changed the battery and everything went back to normal.

·
Registered
2011 s60 t6 AWD
96 Posts
Hey, I doubt this is still an issue for you, but for anyone else looking, this is EXACTLY what my car did when the wheel speed sensor went out. It also disabled things like cruise control and automatic braking. Felt like the car was stuttering (Presumably because the car thought one wheel was locked up)

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Most reports like this here are the battery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts