SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just wanted to post some stuff about my s60. i know its not much but compaired to when i got it the car was dirty and the inside beat. what really surprized me that the engine bay was spotless and was serviced . im currently fixing the car up slowly since i only have a part time job. for a car with 170k it runs like a dream . tell me what yous think and what are some upgrades r=that i should do ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

so far i have put new tires (4) new rotors and breaks , o2 sensor ,window tint and a upgraded soundsystem

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there
Nice looking S60 :) looks like you keep it real nice !
What version is it and is this your first car ?
Just make sure all the basics done, like good tyres, no water leaks from the cooling system,oil changes, good to hear you have done the brakes.
How are the strut tops? how many miles has she done ?

Regards Daz :D
Australia

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mines got 185,000 now, I picked it up with 183,000. Hopefully i'll have it running like a dream soon!

·
Registered
955 Posts
nice S60! Where was this picture taken? Or did you just empty out all of your trash onto the street?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys thanks , a little update on the car it has been in a accident involving a deer so right now it's sitting in the driveway waiting on a bumper ,rh headlight, hood and dents pulled from the door. Since the insurence dident cover the cost I had to pay out of pocket for parts but it will be back on the road soon,and its a base s60

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey guys thanks , a little update on the car it has been in a accident involving a deer so right now it's sitting in the driveway waiting on a bumper ,rh headlight, hood and dents pulled from the door. Since the insurence dident cover the cost I had to pay out of pocket for parts but it will be back on the road soon,and its a base s60
well that's a rotten bit of luck.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
hope fix the car soon.

·
Registered
309 Posts
well i just wanted to post some stuff about my s60. i know its not much but compaired to when i got it the car was dirty and the inside beat. what really surprized me that the engine bay was spotless and was serviced . im currently fixing the car up slowly since i only have a part time job. for a car with 170k it runs like a dream . tell me what yous think and what are some upgrades r=that i should do ?
Before upgrades..
Does the car shake @ idle?
If it does, first think I would do is subframe bushings and lower & upper engine mounts.. I just did this to my car and am amazed at the difference.. car feels new.

As for upgrades..
Sway bars..
HD sway bar links..
Aftermarket TCV valve (Will modulate faster than original, as original may be gummed up)
with 180k on the clock, the turbo probably could use a rebuild.. and you could get it enlarged a little (not to much with 2.5t stock block)
ARD tune

I think with just those items you'd notice biggest changes for the money..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It does sometimes but not much , it's sittinon the driveway waiting on parts still sadly , all I need is headlight and hood the rest I have gotten already and since its already sitting I was thinking of giving it a good clean on the carpet since its a little dark , ill post some pictures of the damage up soon

·
Registered
581 Posts
what other upgrades would you guys recommend with getting a larger turbocharger for best results?

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Larger downpipe, higher flowing exhaust, larger fuel injectors, etc. and tune to take advantage of higher flowing compressor. It really depends on the turbo you plan to use and then we can offer more specific suggestions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts