SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a bit of a long shot, but I am bringing a Canadian spec 2015 V60 T6 to the US, and got a Letter of Compliance from Volvo US. The letter lists two modifications to bring the car to spec, "FMVSS NO 101 Install U.S. Type Speedometer" and "FMVSS NO 101 Install U.S. Type Warning Lamp Displays". Is anyone aware of what changes are required? I spoke with a Canadian dealer who looked into this, and they think it's a software update (i.e. no need to actually swap the digital cluster). However, they aren't permitted to flash this software on a Canadian car. I'm trying to inquire with some US dealers, but figured I'd tap into the collective wisdom here to see if anyone's done this.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
You can switch the configuration of the TFT using VDASH.

You will need to have a DiCE module and a laptop with VDASH installed. The CEM will need to be cracked for you to make changes. This will be anywhere from an 8-24 hour process.

There a few threads here with VDASH information.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I'm by no means an expert on this, but I would assume it's just a software update at a dealership. I purchased my car in Montreal, Quebec and had to update the language to English. It was a simple plug and switch. Now...I also had to have the car certified in Ontario but had to wait a little over a day to do it. The inspection software is able to tell if computer settings have been played with. So...in switching from Fr to Eng I had to wait for the computer to reset itself. You may have to do the same at an American dealership.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Correct - I just went through this actually. Dealership can reflash the car for US.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Correct - I just went through this actually. Dealership can reflash the car for US.
Canadian dealership or US dealership? OP is suggesting that his Canadian dealership will not do it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Canadian dealership or US dealership? OP is suggesting that his Canadian dealership will not do it.
I used a US dealership in Erie, PA to reflash mine and my car came from Ontario as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone!

JasonV60RD; any chance your dealer listed some sort of work code that indicated the work they did? Was hoping to pass this onto the dealership I'm working with as they're still investigating/researching/stalling.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks everyone!

JasonV60RD; any chance your dealer listed some sort of work code that indicated the work they did? Was hoping to pass this onto the dealership I'm working with as they're still investigating/researching/stalling.
No sir - they didn't. I can relook over my repair order paperwork I got from that day but I actually wanted to write it down so I had it and didn't see anything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts