SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been keeping an eye out the last while for V70, as the 02 in sig is only FWD. The P* gets parked in winter, and I steal the wifes XC60 to tow the sled trailer in the winter. New house has steep driveway, and the old girl has 550k klms on it, so was time for a newer AWD car. Grabbed an 08 with 300k klms , for 2100$ that while was in decent shape, showed awful. Bald tires, dirty as hell, but had had regular oil changes. Prob never washed or vac. out in years. That said paint is mint, and after a professional detail, looks really good. New snow tires, painted and serviced brakes(fairly new), vac pump reseal,alignment, plus changed every fluid in it. Swapped out PCV diaphragm for good measure, and new plugs and filter. New cabin filter, and A/C service. Plus a bunch of little stuff, fixed up seized rear liftgate handle,welded on some rusted off exhaust hangers, LED interior bulbs, LED fogs, and better hi and low bulbs. Thing drives and looks mint! I was surprised at how quiet and smooth these are as had never drove one.Is alot slower than T6, but its only "second" car so to speak so its perfect. Will get windows tinted too. Should only have about 32 00 all done and on road. Another one brought back to life . :) Only thing I will have to look at soon is a water pump(orig looks like) and a locked up READ pulley on belt side, it already has new belt/idler/tens recently by looks of it. I have some nice 18s off old one I may see how they look on it in spring. Brother is taking 02, so it will keep chugging on. Its a great driver, but doors are getting rusty. I'll post pics at some point. I should have took pics as I bought it, quite a transformation. Wife took one look inside and said, i'm not getting in that till its cleaned:D

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Are you copying me!!!?

I bought a 377k KM XC70 a few months ago for $2450, and did the exact same thing! New tires, all fluids, all belt drive including READ bearing. new diaphram (the dorman one), filters, spark plugs, shocks/struts and vacuum pump seal!

They're great cars! I rarely drive my S80 anymore, and I feel kind of bad about it.

Care to share some pics?

·
Registered
19 Posts
READ pulley, or the READ bearing in the block? If you did the bearing, I'd love to hear how that went. Mechanic says mine may be on the way out, and what little I can find suggests its a PITA job.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you copying me!!!?

I bought a 377k KM XC70 a few months ago for $2450, and did the exact same thing! New tires, all fluids, all belt drive including READ bearing. new diaphram (the dorman one), filters, spark plugs, shocks/struts and vacuum pump seal!

They're great cars! I rarely drive my S80 anymore, and I feel kind of bad about it.

Care to share some pics?
LOL ya I saw your post about the READ seal. I gotta do pulley and water pump. Ya quite comfortable to drive. I'll grab pics soon.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
READ pulley, or the READ bearing in the block? If you did the bearing, I'd love to hear how that went. Mechanic says mine may be on the way out, and what little I can find suggests its a PITA job.
Just read pulley, motor is quiet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts