SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't see. Annoying. Any good replacement bulbs for the 04 S60R? My old 940 had halogens available

·
Registered
332 Posts
I also use LED 5W Cree Bulbs from ebay. The only difference is that the ones that i have, have LEDs around the projector to fill the housing, but use a single cree led projected outwards.

I have 18% tint on my car and these completely light up the back of the car. Highly recommend.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Ooo those are nice I need some I can't see crap my rear window has 5% tint.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
in my xc90 i had 9004 HIDs installed in the reverse lamps and Rigid Industries D2 Dually

I was going to do HID in the reverse lamps on my 05 VR but found that a quality reverse camera works just a well instead. I have 5% tint all around too(VR and XC90)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
wow.. I think ill be looking into getting cree leds. or 50w halogens depending on what lays more light on the road.. I have 68led bulbs for the reverse but they seem to be more for show because they suck at putting the light on the road.. I have 20 percent tint and I can't see ****.. I've always gotta turn on the fogs in the back. Hence I don't trust those pictures any more from ebay.. All advertising BS. Anyways, I see you guys linked it to 5w Crees but now I'm seeing 7 and 10w crees.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
in my xc90 i had 9004 HIDs installed in the reverse lamps and Rigid Industries D2 Dually

I was going to do HID in the reverse lamps on my 05 VR but found that a quality reverse camera works just a well instead. I have 5% tint all around too(VR and XC90)
wow how did you put in hids for the reverse light?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
wow how did you put in hids for the reverse light?
:D
when you ask how...its like you asking how i put PEGS on my xc90 also. HINT why it was never done before, PEGZ 65.1 CB (small), xc90 67.1CB(large)

HID in reverse lamps..

this was before the roof rack lights and just HIDZ

Also here is some more food for thought...Car is running when i took these pictures of the reverse lights and the car is in PARK. :D No extra switches, no hidden switches either :p

like in this picture we are on the expressway..

·
Registered
332 Posts
Send a PM to Crazyace...His are pretty bright LED's EBAY $30
i think he has the same ones as me, i set him up with what to get after he saw mine :)

Steve, any issues with the housings getting to hot? melting?
seems like a lot of heat to pump to those considering they are 9005 and since they are HID require warm up.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
i think he has the same ones as me, i set him up with what to get after he saw mine :)

Steve, any issues with the housings getting to hot? melting?
seems like a lot of heat to pump to those considering they are 9005 and since they are HID require warm up.
my xc90 were 9004, 9005/9006 look the same with an angles connector which mine were not.

Did they get hot, hells yeah. did it melt no, did it fubar the lense, no, did i upgrade the wiring, hells yes.

I didnt have them running all the time. think about it..the longest you will have it in reverse would be say 2 minute at most with averages in 20-30 second range. i was not concerned about heat with the xc90. Since i didnt want to bother with my VR, i just put 48SMD LED bulbs in there and every other socket in the tail lamps total of 10.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
:D
when you ask how...its like you asking how i put PEGS on my xc90 also. HINT why it was never done before, PEGZ 65.1 CB (small), xc90 67.1CB(large)

HID in reverse lamps..

this was before the roof rack lights and just HIDZ

Also here is some more food for thought...Car is running when i took these pictures of the reverse lights and the car is in PARK. :D No extra switches, no hidden switches either :p

like in this picture we are on the expressway..
That.. simply put.. AWESOME!!! I'm going to look in to it. Perhaps I will PM you with more questions later... on how theyd even work on an s60r just because of the way he have to put our bulbs in.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
That.. simply put.. AWESOME!!! I'm going to look in to it. Perhaps I will PM you with more questions later... on how theyd even work on an s60r just because of the way he have to put our bulbs in.

think outside the box and anything is possible

·
Registered
332 Posts
my xc90 were 9004, 9005/9006 look the same with an angles connector which mine were not.

Did they get hot, hells yeah. did it melt no, did it fubar the lense, no, did i upgrade the wiring, hells yes.

I didnt have them running all the time. think about it..the longest you will have it in reverse would be say 2 minute at most with averages in 20-30 second range. i was not concerned about heat with the xc90. Since i didnt want to bother with my VR, i just put 48SMD LED bulbs in there and every other socket in the tail lamps total of 10.
Got any pics of your VR tails? I'm intrigued :D.

i would love to do a real nice LED conversion on my tails just don't want to destroy them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts