SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see so many awesome therads and cars here so I thought i'd do a thread myself and I hope thats ok!

A bit of a childhood dreamcar the 1995 T-5R, and now I got the oppurtunity to buy a colleauges car, a 421 green one imported from Germany, automatic transmission, high milage and a bit of wear as you would expect for a 24 year old car.
This is going to be my long term project and looking at your cars here I get even more stoked on getting started, and the hunt for some of the rare parts are already ongoing. Some are really hard to find in Sweden so I might look at the US for some parts.

To start with I need to to do a good service since tha car has been standing still for about a year, then on to fix some leakage on the steering rack, sort out the ABS/TRACS light thats on and take care of the rust on the front fenders and trunk. I actually found a fresh left fender in Gothenburgh yesterday at VROM. The steering wheel and drivers seat has quite some wear and tear aswell, the emblems are missing. Well it's probably going to be a bigger list as tome goes on but hopfully it's gping to be a fun project!

Pics are coming :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The olive.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome, and nice car!

Love the color! ;)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Awesome car, look forward to seeing more!

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
Very nice wagon/estate, thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Good looking car! Congrats on the buy....but lets talk about that 940 you have sitting in the background...I need those headlights.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!

Did a service yesterday, some fresh Castrol oil, oil filter, sparkplugs and a seal on a turbo pipe that was leaking. Have started to the get know the car, spent a good 4-5 hours in the workshop yesterday checking it up. Some parts are really good and a couple of more issues than I knew about but that's to expect, some more oil leaks that will have to be taken care of. ABS light is still on, and I noticed the car started to sound weird and there's a hole on a intercooler hose. Parts are ordered!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good looking car! Congrats on the buy....but lets talk about that 940 you have sitting in the background...I need those headlights.
Not my car but those are not a problem getting a hold of in Sweden if you want to get them shipped :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Up in the air.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Beautiful car - my favorite color! I wish we got them in the States. Be thankful that your leak was the oil return line and not the RMS.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beautiful car - my favorite color! I wish we got them in the States. Be thankful that your leak was the oil return line and not the RMS.
Thanks, and mine too! This was an easy fix, not the only leak though. What is RMS? For one not familiar with the abbriviations :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
RMS = Rear Main Seal

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RMS = Rear Main Seal
Ah! I think there might be a leakage there also, the plan is to change that seal since it such a common problem, the steering rack and engine frame is going down at some point so why not do i all at the same time.

·
Registered
354 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
DrewT5 I'll put that on the list! Thanks for the tip, not that familier with the 850 cars, at least not yet.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Found out where the boost went, a big hole in one of the turbo hoses, got a kit from do88 in black and replaced three of the hoses this weekend.

And put the yellow indicator lights back on the car instead of the white V70 ones.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Replaced the rusty old trunk door with a better one yesterday, luckily it was the same color. But it has an T5 emblem so I ordered a fresh T-5R one. And a quick wash!

Skickat från min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
That green, it fills me full of envy!! Beautiful looking car mate!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks! I love it aswell, especially in the right angles in the sunlight, really sparkles.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts