SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share with everyone a deal that I just got on brand new Brembo front rotors from RockAuto. Both the 286mm and the 305mm rotors are on wholesaler clearance for $15.50 each! I just bought some 305mm rotors to complete the upgrade on my 2.5T (already got the caliper brackets) and I will be installing them with a new set of Duralast Gold pads which will be free for me under warranty.

I was going to get Stop Tech slotted rotors but this deal was just too good to pass up. I spent roughly $16.00 each on the caliper brackets, so all said and done I'll have under $100 in this, including shipping.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
That's an awesome deal!! They have great prices and service to boot in my experience. I've ordered Cardone CV axles from them, and they seem to have the best prices around.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well, I ordered right away, but a big part of me was expecting some sort of shenanigans like wrong size or rusted from a flood or something to be wrong with them. They arrived today and were in sealed Brembo boxes and look amazing. And heavy. I live in a third-floor apartment, my Fed-Ex guy must hate me.

·
Registered
743 Posts
$28 shipping to the East coast for two rotors.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can you tell if these rotors have the anticorrosion coating on them? I see that the part number on Rockauto ends with a 10, but on FCP it ends with an 11. I am guessing that the 11 version has a coating on it, and the 10 doesn't?

Greg

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
i ordered and received a set of front rotors and they were in very beaten boxes but otherwise fine. they were just the regular oil coated rotors. in good shape, some very minor rust, less than after a rain. great deal,

thanks to the original poster!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got mine installed today.

Here's a before shot

Caliper brackets ready to go in

New Brembo rotor

Old setup

Old vs. new caliper brackets

Old vs. new rotors

Installed

And all done

Here's a before and after comparison of the size. Really fills out the wheel better.

After installing them the brakes seem to stop the car with slightly less effort. Once the new pads and rotors are bedded in I'm sure I'll notice even more of a difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts