SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to break into our cars with say a slim jim or something? Locked both my keys inside my car. Don't want to pay a locksmith. 05 volvo s40 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
658 Posts
Do you have AAA or something? They might be able to do it at no additional charge.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I am assuming you can use a slim jim then when you gain access shut off the alarm with the keys. I personally do not know how to use one because I don't steal cars but that's what AAA does.

·
Registered
837 Posts
slim jim or any other device that goes through the window will not work. the glass and metal inside is designed to not allow even the best ones. I ended up using a teflon wedge and door bag to slightly open the top corner of the passenger door. then use a long pice of hard skinny steel to hit the button. these are thick doors so you will have to open it up more than a conventional car. there are specific tools for this that most mechanics should have, if you know one or ask nicely.

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
Anyone know how to break into our cars with say a slim jim or something? Locked both my keys inside my car. Don't want to pay a locksmith. 05 volvo s40 :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I'm curious how this happened as the car will not lock by pushing on the lock pins. They pop back up. The only way to arm the immobilizer is with the key fob and with both keys inside the car....I'm flummoxed.
Please enlighten me so that I may avoid such a dire predicament.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
slim jim or any other device that goes through the window will not work. the glass and metal inside is designed to not allow even the best ones. I ended up using a teflon wedge and door bag to slightly open the top corner of the passenger door. then use a long pice of hard skinny steel to hit the button. these are thick doors so you will have to open it up more than a conventional car. there are specific tools for this that most mechanics should have, if you know one or ask nicely.
Yeah that's pretty much how they did it last time.

I'm curious how this happened as the car will not lock by pushing on the lock pins. They pop back up. The only way to arm the immobilizer is with the key fob and with both keys inside the car....I'm flummoxed.
Please enlighten me so that I may avoid such a dire predicament.
For some reason I got into the apparently bad habbit of hitting the door lock button on the door instead of using the fob. I got home from work, removed the fob from the ignition, set it on the passenger seat while getting some stuff out of the console. I'm sure you can figure out the rest. Forgot to grab the fob, hit the door lock button on the door and closed the door. :mad::mad:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, yes I don't know why I had both fobs in the car either but I did. One in the center console. One currently sitting on the seat.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
To answer your question, no I do not.

I do have a hide a key on my car though, it holds the metal key from my spare though, just so I could get in the door. Might be a consideration.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
I dropped my key in the car last thanksgiving packing from some friends to see family and doors locked on me.
I called AAA and it took 30 second for the guy to get in.

Basically he had a hook tool he used to pull the far out corner of the front window. The tool was designed to not damage the paint.
He pulled it out just enough to slip a inflatable bag.
He pumped it until he had enough space to fish a hook and pulled on the door handle inside.
Alarm went off.
I found the key.
Put it in the ignition and Voilà!

I don't know if this helps.

btw the guy did ask me for an ID and my registration paper to make sure I was who I was :D

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
had to do it once for same reason. hit the door lock button on the door and left keys inside. coat hanger works but you have to put some serious curve on it to tap the unlock button.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To answer your question, no I do not.

I do have a hide a key on my car though, it holds the metal key from my spare though, just so I could get in the door. Might be a consideration.
This is exactly what I plan on doing. Just paid some guy 150 bucks to get in. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN LOL.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i use a stainless steel ruler - modified. works like a charm. did not tried them on my car yet, but used them in my old car'sss and friends too.
modified means an L cut on the edge. i can take any car less than 1 min. my first was about 10 min.

Or just call any tow truck, they have the same tool or similar as well. (if you dont have CAA or AAA)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am in the same boat as you not sure if I should pay a locksmith or just break a window any suggestions?
I have watched the pros do it twice now to my car. Two different techs from two different companies. They both did it the exact same way. Flex the door open from the top right corner with a plastic wedge, insert air bag to flex door open more without damaging, then use a long tool to grab the handle or hit the unlock button. Both of the techs just went for the interior door handle. If I had time and a second vehicle I would have went and bought a wedge ( thinking door stop or something) and a coat hanger and tried myself.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have watched the pros do it twice now to my car. Two different techs from two different companies. They both did it the exact same way. Flex the door open from the top right corner with a plastic wedge, insert air bag to flex door open more without damaging, then use a long tool to grab the handle or hit the unlock button. Both of the techs just went for the interior door handle. If I had time and a second vehicle I would have went and bought a wedge ( thinking door stop or something) and a coat hanger and tried myself.
Could it be done without the air bag? Locksmith quoted me 60 my car is at home so I have the weekend to try myself

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I don't like the idea of this thread... Now we all know how to break into each others cars. Pm's to the op would have sufficed.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I Hear - Ya - all , but breaking in is for what reason ? ______ Stealing & Starting the Volvo - would be another entire Level of Skills & 2 levels of Difficulty .

Secondly , the Key BoF - thing has a Hard Key with a slid out just for the Purpose Separating Keys from Bof Ring and still have away to get : Back - In . OK - Now
I want everyone to Practice - Pulling Out the Hard - Key . lol

I'm sure glad I have the Key-less , as one can't lock the Doors period, If that wasn't the case I'd probably have locked Myself out 3 times already !

Sure like that when getting the Car serviced where You really don't know the Crew - I just Toss the Keys in the Car - somewhere Hidden - and say " It's Key-less" No Key Needed !

Go take a Nap or read a Magazine , but I still check in on the Progress and get a Intermediate Report .

·
Registered
753 Posts
I don't know about you guys but on my car when the doors are locked/alarm engaged, the lock/unlock buttons on the doors are deactivated so you cannot easily press to unlock the doors. The only solution would the the handle.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts