SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my front two w5w bulbs that I purchased from Hoen have died on me, I was wondering what are some really bright w5w city parking lights that you guys have used? I want to find some cheap white ones that won't cost just as much for shipping? <p>Furthermore.. what are the bulbs for the puddle light and rear license plate light? was it difficult to pull them out?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Re: Brands for w5w bulbs ?! (al820)

I bought some Ziza LED lights from ECStuning.com that have little resistors on them. They're pricier than Hoens for sure, but they're also brighter/last longer too. They come in bulb sizes that will fit the city parking lights and the rear license plate lights (wedge and festoon) and look really nice at night. Installed them on my R32 but they'll fit the S40.<p><A HREF="http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/pagebuild_v2.cgi?make=Volkswagen&engine=3.2&model=R32%20MKV&submodel=&category=Lighting&subcategory=ZIZA" TARGET="_blank">http://www.ecstuning.com/stage...=ZIZA</A>

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Brands for w5w bulbs ?! (biotek)

ummm.. the Hoens did pretty well to be honest <br>they lasted at least more than 2 yrs, I can't really remember.. only one went out the other is still going strong.<p>Any info on the puddle lights ? are they w5w as well ?!<p>Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Some members change theirs license plate lights for the real white bulb or ultra white like xenon. I want to change mine for the most white possible but i dont want to change it every two or three months so if anyone know the specs for the license lights and know one that last long please please

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (joseignaciopr)

daah. so no help on the puddle light bulbs? I just wanted to double check whether its a w5w bulb as well. <p>Thanks

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Do you mean the fog lights? If so, those are the same as the low beams...H5 I believe.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Veefifty T5AWD)

nono the puddle light or courtesy light is the one underneath side mirror. I'm doing my orders now, so it would be nice to verify that it is identical.<p>edit. its alright, I`ve found the part.. hopefully Autolumination wouldn`t be too bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts