SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and to Volvo in general - we just got a 2016 XC60 and we're very excited about it. We compared between Audi, Mercedes and BMW; and chose Volvo for the safety features and the awesome cargo space. We love the car so far, but one annoying thing is the lack of places to put stuff. If both the driver and the passenger are in the car and both have a drink - which occupies both cupholders, where do you place your cell phones, sunglasses, small change, etc? I know there's room behind the waterfall console but it's such an awkward space. I would love to hear recommendations on how you maximize the space, and if you can recommend any storage accessories that are both functional and nice looking as I don't want to spoil the beautiful interior with a cheap plastic thing.

Thank you!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I put my sunglasses in a case behind the waterfall console. Cell phone goes in the map storage in the front of the driver's seat (that may have been deleted). There's a small storage bin that has a Volvo logo and fits in the top of the center console (ebay has it I believe for $10) that holds small things. I installed a small net with elastic holder on the passenger side of the console that my wife uses for her cell phone. I'm sure other's will have more suggestions.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Cell phone, change; pockets. sunglasses; croakies.

...but if that doesn't work for you, get a dash mount of your choice for your phone (I have my cell mount on top of the left side of gauge shield, so it's out of the way. Also, the drop in storage tray for the console well, is pretty good for organizing and holding things, but some don't like having to pull it out to get to bigger storage below (I have it, and like it): http://www.amazon.com/iPerfect-Armr...8&qid=1452089388&sr=8-6&keywords=xc60+storage.

I think some people have these inserts for the door handles, so maybe someone can comment; http://www.amazon.com/Moonet-Armres...8&qid=1452089440&sr=8-4&keywords=xc60+storage.

Also look at the volvo accessories webpage, they have the sunglasses holder that replaces the O.S. handle above the drivers door ( http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-ca/XC60/Accessories/Document/VCC-480478/2015 ), and the net pockets ( http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-ca/XC60/Accessories/Document/VCC-480542/2015 ), -one of which goes on the passenger side of the center stack and is smaller for a cell phone.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use a small rubbermaid type storage tray behind the waterfall. It has grip on the bottom so it doesn't slide around and the sides are about 2 inches tall. Works great to hold things. Before sunglasses, phone etc.. would slide and fall off the waterfall storage.

I purchased the center console insert with the Volvo logo via Ebay. it works great!

·
Registered
397 Posts
The lack of interior storage for smaller items inside my XC60 is one of my gripes too. As far as the space behind the center console, I find the ridges on either end are not high enough to prevent items that are placed back there from sliding out and into the footwells when driving. I put one of those rubber grippy mats back there that seems to help. I bought a set of catch caddies too. For sunglasses, Volvo sells an accessory case that replaces the driver's "oh sh!t" handle. It doesn't hold the biggest sunglasses, but the cover is spring-loaded so it holds my extra-large sunglass just fine. Finally, I ordered this tray from eBay last year. It works great to hold smaller items that would otherwise get buried in the bottom of the center console. Here are pictures of the sunglasses holder and the eBay tray.

·
Registered
246 Posts
+1 on the center console storage and the sunglasses holders. I put the sunglass holders on both sides (driver and passenger) on both of my vehicles. They work great.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
There is also a Net Pocket Kit that not only adds several net pockets in the cargo hold area but also to the left side of the front passenger, against the lower left dash wall. Highly recommend it. I always have it on my V60s and XC60s.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Love the net pocket kit. Takes some time and drilling to install. Also note that it will preclude the usage of some of the cargo space accessories that use that space. (Some of the cargo liners).

Can't give up the pull handles for sunglasses storage I'm afraid.

Also, they make padded cushions with a hole for the seatbelt buckle. You pass them over the buckle and they jam into the space between the seat and the center console so nothing you drop falls into that space. My cellphone likes to sit there sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts