SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 500 miles on my T6 and everything was perfect . I get in turn on and the “srs airbag service urgent drive to workshop “ message comes up .

I also notice autohold stopped working . I drove home (10 minutes ) shut car off and turned it back on and the airbag warning is gone and the service auto hold warning came up .

Any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 500 miles on my T6 and everything was perfect . I get in turn on and the “srs airbag service urgent drive to workshop “ message comes up .

I also notice autohold stopped working . I drove home (10 minutes ) shut car off and turned it back on and the airbag warning is gone and the service auto hold warning came up .

Any ideas ?

Had this same problem weeks ago, this happened after disabling the auto hold.. this happened while the car was moving almost when auto hold kicks in, pressed the button and auto hold message pop up with see dealer, after some seconds SRS light on...

SRS light dissapeared after 2 restarts, dealer checked auto hold message and said module must got a error... srs code was not receiving com from another module maybe abs or auto hold one.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had this same problem weeks ago, this happened after disabling the auto hold.. this happened while the car was moving almost when auto hold kicks in, pressed the button and auto hold message pop up with see dealer, after some seconds SRS light on...

SRS light dissapeared after 2 restarts, dealer checked auto hold message and said module must got a error... srs code was not receiving com from another module maybe abs or auto hold one.
Bright car to dealer today and they said they did a software update on it but that even though the lights are off now this is not a permanent fix. They said they ordered a part and are not sure if that would be a permanent fix either and the lights may come back on . They said there is no known permanent fix ? They assured me all SRS are functioning and autohold is back working now . My problem is for if there is indeed an issue with the SRS how will I know . Sorta crazy for a 70k dollar vehicle ?

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
The software update "story" sounds rather strange to me.
The car should have received the most recent software when it was delivered.
But of course there could be an even more recent update for this specific issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here

Brand new 2020 xc90 t6. Have had the error for 3 weeks. Dealer tried to fix 3 times with no luck. Telling me there's an update coming out in 1-2 weeks to fix this issue. This is unacceptable to have such an issue for so many customers with no fix for so long!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brand new 2020 xc90 t6. Have had the error for 3 weeks. Dealer tried to fix 3 times with no luck. Telling me there's an update coming out in 1-2 weeks to fix this issue. This is unacceptable to have such an issue for so many customers with no fix for so long!!!
Mine just came back again , so are you driving your car with the message active ? Did they tell you the airbag is in working order regardless of the message ?

I noticed both times this happened to me it was after trying to back out of my garage without seatbelt on since I was just backing out into driveway I didn’t bother with seatbelt. I think this triggers it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved? This just happened to us on our XC90 T6 today. We’ve only driven it about 2k miles. First the SRS message, and then the auto hold message. Something to stress us out about on Christmas day!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Might sound odd but on Jaguars they get spurious error messages and they are often related to battery condition. Have you tried charging the battery?

Modern cars have “clever” battery management systems which in try]Utah are rubbish.

·
Registered
57 Posts
All fixed! Apparently there is a TJ for this. We dropped off our car Sunday evening for an 8:00 am appointment, and it was done by 8:30!

·
Registered
33 Posts
We had this issue at 20k miles. It happened in a similar manor as above: backing out of the garage with auto hold active and not having my seat belt fastened. Total Upgrade “fixed” it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts