Title Sensus ICM display & functionality improvements Status Released
Ref No US24915.3.0 en-US Status Date
Issuer - Issue Date
Partner 3 US 7510 Volvo Cars North America Reference
Func Group 3919
Func Desc miscellaneous
File Name File Size
TJ 24915 Toggle.JPG 0.1173 MB
TJ 24915 Scroll.JPG 0.0171 MB
TJ 24915 Trip.JPG 0.1104 MB
TJ 24915 Set dest.JPG 0.0528 MB
Customer_Card.pdf 0.5478 MB
TJ 24915 Navi screen.JPG0.0475 MB
SalesBody Gear SteerModel Year Plant Chassis range
124 2012-2012 0151001-0165000 201120-201219
134 2011-2012 0000194-0170000 201020-201219
136 2012-2012 0118001-0146000 201120-201219
156 2011-2012 0175379-0365000 201046-201219
CSC Customer Symptom Codes
FC Audio other/Other audio problems
XD Audio other/Audio unit display does not work
Buttons/control knobs on centre console
(Media, communication and
7N Navigation/Other navigation problems
XI Remote control/Does not work
9S USB unit/Does not work
DTC Diagnostic Trouble Codes
ICM = Infotainment Control Module
CCM = Climate Control Module
IAM = Integrated Audio Module
DESCRIPTION: The following can be addressed with new ICM software:
1. Power button press time functionality (see TJ 24427).
2. Not applicable to North American market.
3. USB alphabetical file sorting order possible by pressing the button "2ABC".
4. USB, CD/DVD-source will be set into PAUSE-mode at incoming call.
5. Not applicable to North American market.
6. USB and iPod search functionality by turning the TUNE button and pressing selected character.
7. ICM showing mother view without any reason.
8. Cyclic restart of ICM when PAS is engaged less than 5 seconds after start-up.
9. Black display (see TJ 24912).
10. Media AUX mode will not incorrectly show "Connect external device to AUX input" text.
The following improvements have been added to the service software from May 15th, 2012.
This software is also introduced in production from structure week 201220 (Model Year 2013).
11. No sound or button function and "frozen display" (see TJ 25549).
12 & 13. Not applicable to North American market.
14. Preventing "Hurricane 2000" text instead of bluetooth media streaming text.
15. Improved HMI (Human Machine Interface) and new functionalities such as:
- Improved toggle functions. See attachment (TJ 24915 Toggle.JPG).
- New graphical indications for quick scroll. See attachment (TJ 24915 Scroll.JPG) .
- FM - Station list, Telephone - Calls/Contacts, USB/iPod/CD - Track list.
- "Set single destination" has been added for Navigation.
This deletes destinations in the Itinerary and start guidance immediately.
See attachment (TJ 24915 Set dest.JPG).
- "Show fullscreen map" has been added under Map options. The box is unchecked as default.
See attachment (TJ 24915 Navi screen.JPG).
- My Car Trip Statistics with average fuel consumption. See attachment ("TJ 24915 Trip.JPG").
- Maximum volume at start-up decreased to -41dB (approx. 12 steps) if the volume was
higher than -41dB prior to system shut down and "sleep mode".
16. Automatic phone syncing- This improvement is part of the IAM software (not the ICM).
Upgrade the ICM software.
On vehicles with a structure week between 2010w20-2011w19, the IAM Upgrade will
be automatically included when ordering an ICM Upgrade. The IAM Upgrade has to be ordered separately for
all other vehicles.
If VIDA returns an error when downloading the ICM Upgrade, an ICM Reload should be performed.
Important Note for Customer Satisfaction:
To clarify the improvements in point 15 & 16 (above), a copy of the attached "Customer_Card" should be
given to the customer.
VSTG OPERATION NUMBER:
36004-2 Software control module downloading See VSTG
To view TJ attachments continue to next page: This TJ has 6 attachments.
WELCOME TO Volvo Sensus 3.0
Page 1 Date Issued: 5/11/12
Access more functions from the steering wheel
It's now easier to keep both hands on the steering wheel as you
go through all of the Sensus menus:
• Press and hold the Exit button to see a menu for the
function that you're currently using.
- To use that menu, click the thumb scroll wheel and scroll
to your selection.
- To access the main menu along the left, just start
scrolling once you've pressed the Exit button.
• You can now choose phone numbers by using the thumb
scroll wheel - and you can still answer calls with a quick
click of that wheel.
Source button function
When you press any of the source buttons (RADIO, TEL,
MEDIA), you now go to the current screen for that function. For
example, pressing RADIO brings you to a screen that shows
the current radio station. Press the source button again to open
the menu for that category and use the thumb scroll wheel or
OK/MENU knob to make your selections.
Preset scrolling for Satellite Radio stations
You can now scroll through the presets for AM, FM, and
Satellite Radio stations using the arrow keys on the center
control panel and the steering wheel.
If you see Trip statistics on the MY CAR menu, we've updated your Volvo Sensus software - and you may notice
some changes that make the system easier for you to use! Here's a quick summary for you ...
Automatic phone syncing
Once phones are paired with Sensus, the system looks for the
last phone that was connected. If it does not detect that phone,
it keeps looking for additional paired phones. You won't need to
manually change phones as long as the phone is already paired
with the vehicle. Please note that it may take up to 30 seconds
for the system to detect the phone, depending on the type
of phone you have - you don't need to manually connect the
phone each time.
You'll see a new option on your MY CAR menu: Trip statistics.
This shows the following information for your current trip
(calculated from the time you start the engine):
• Miles per gallon.
• Distance driven.
Need additional help?
Call our Customer Care Center at 1 (800) 458-1552 and speak
with a Volvo Sensus specialist. and, be sure to download the
Volvo sensus essentials app from the itunes store or the Android
Marketplace - there's a new version for Volvo Sensus 3.0
(available mid-June 2012).
Do you have Volvo
To determine which version of
Volvo sensus you have, go to the
MY CAR menu. If you see trip
statistics on the menu, you have
sensus 3.0. If you do not see trip
statistics as an option, you have
WELCOME TO Volvo Sensus 3.0
Page 2 Date Issued: 5/11/12
VOLVO NAVIGATION SYSTEM ENHANCEMENTS
There are also updates for Volvo sensus vehicles equipped with
the optional Volvo Navigation system with Voice Control and
There are now two menus to choose from. Access the main menu
by holding in the Exit button and then scrolling to the Navigation
icon or by pressing the NAV button on the center control panel
twice. You'll see options for:
• Start Navigation.
• Set address.
• Set point of interest.
• Previous destinations.
• Traffic events ahead.
• Cancel guidance.
You'll still find a second Navigation menu by pressing the OK/
MENU button when in the map view. Here, you'll see options for:
• Repeat voice guidance.
• Set destination.
• Route details.
• Traffic information.
• Current position.
• Pause/Resume guidance.
NAV button function
You can now press the NAV button twice to access the main
navigation menu. The first press opens the map view; the second
press brings up the menu.
The new main menu allows you to cancel navigation right from
the first screen. You can still cancel it using voice commands -
simply press the voice control button on the steering wheel, say
"navigation," and then say "cancel guidance."
Making adjustments while driving
You can now adjust navigation functions while the vehicle is
moving, including setting a new destination!
Set single destination
A new "Set single destination" option deletes previous
destinations in the itinerary and starts guidance immediately.
You can also set a new stop along the route by choosing to
OK/MENU knob and
Center control panel