SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Necessary disclaimer:
Due to the nature of the damage I cannot be held responsible for any damage to your car (or anyone elses), or to any injury to yourself (or anyone else) from this transaction. Purchase at you own risk.
Thank you for you understanding.

I have this rear Bilstein shock for sale.
Sport B8 for FWD rear axle.

It has never been used but I broke the top thread when attempting install.
I make it available for someone with machining abilities, experienced, that would be interested to fix it (welding, redrilling, etc)

I'm asking for $65 including ground shipping

Feel free to ask questions.
Feel free to PM me if you are interested

Greg

Dimensions:

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come-on anyone want to help me salvage that poor little thing :p . . . I hate waste :(

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Come-on anyone want to help me salvage that poor little thing :p . . . I hate waste :(
so close, I just threw out a leaking F4-BE5-6793-H0 two weeks ago.

Maybe the threaded piece can be removed/replaced?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so close, I just threw out a leaking F4-BE5-6793-H0 two weeks ago.

Maybe the threaded piece can be removed/replaced?
I can't tell for sure but from looking at it I believe the threads are machined out of the piston rod.
If someone had an old Bilstein, with some work, it could be possible to replace the piston rod with an old one keeping all the good dampeners inside.

I would think it might still be possible to cut it off, drill it, and put a threaded rod instead. The metal is probably hardened so you would need the proper drill bits...

I don't want to damage it further and prefer let that in the hands off some interested person :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
If u had 2 busted I woulda bought em to replace as a pair for the cheap price. Its an easy fix really. Just a little time welding then cutting new thread.

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bump! . . . just this once, in case . . . I have little hope . . . :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts