SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 S60 inscription with 19 inch tires. When I travel for a period of time doing 60 - 75 mph and hit the brakes to slow down I feel a very slight vibration in the pedal as I am stopping. I feel nothing when traveling at a high speed and only when braking from it. I thought maybe a rotor but then if a rotor was bad I think you would feel a more noticeable vibration. Can anyone tell me if they feel anything coming from the brake pedal when braking in this automobile. Does low profile tires cause this Thanks

·
Registered
879 Posts
The new electric steering racks really reduce the vibration and you feel it more in the chassis and pedal than you would in the steering. It really screwed with us techs a few months ago on a XC40 that had a horrible vibration when braking but absolutely nothing in the steering wheel. Long story short after replacing rear rotors, we found it to be the front rotors and the electric steering reducing vibration very well.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Rotors are probably slightly out of shape. You can have them turned or replaced.
Not that you have, but don't wash a vehicle while rotors are hot as this can cause them
to warp. Auto car washes are convenient but I would definitely let the rotors/brake components
cool down before hitting them with water.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just took my V90 in for this problem. The dealer said the run-out was out of spec (warped) on the front rotors and replaced them. The car has 6500 miles.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,082 Posts
Dang! Those brake rotors are Volvo's Achilles heels! Check with your dealership. Bet you the SA won't be surprised.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Rotors are probably slightly out of shape. You can have them turned or replaced.
NO NO NO NO NO NO.... did i say NO enough? DO NOT TURN/Machine Volvo rotors. Volvo strictly says do not machine their rotors.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I always buy new and top quality. However, it would appear that some folks don’t mind going the less expensive or super diy road. The double grinding can be done with proper tools. This process should only be done by professionals and ONLY once per rotor life to avoid too thin of metal.

Most shops won’t turn them and will advise for replacement anyway. I also think you missed the point....the chatter under braking is more than likely warped rotors. Which is what the original issue was.

This is another caveat of forums. Too often and too quickly the thread derails and the person requesting the info never gets there problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
296 Posts
You’re also under the assumption that every single person reading has OEM VOLVO rotors. Not always the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts