SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I have a 98 v70xc I was wondering if anyone has experienced a lack of performance in their braking when in snow? under moderate to hard braking in light snow my car will slide alot and sometimes the rear will come out and the car will end up sideways. I feel as though from time to time the abs isnt kicking in. I know it works some of the time at least because I hear it working, also I should note that I resodered my abs module and I no longer have a light or problems with it. I would like to know is it just that the car is really long and thas why it has a tendency to skid sideways or is this abnormal?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Well hard braking in snow will always send you sliding, no matter if your ABS/Tracs kicks in or not. As for turning sideways that's not right. Are your tires in good shape? Is your traction control working? Is your AWD working? You need to check all those.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
Tires are everything when it comes to snow driving. Make sure you have decent ones. I'm a huge fan of the "second set of wheels for dedicated snow tires" philosophy. All seasons are okay sometimes, but still don't perform as well as a good set of snows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts