SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anybody has the horrible squealing noise from the brakes while in reverse. The pads and rotors are fine but the noise wakes up the dead. I think I read on another website that its a known issue and it really isn't hurting anything. The car is a very sharp passion red 2005 S40, anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Re: Brakes in Reverse (matmacwc)

I had this same problem and took it in for the 7500 service. They fixed it for warranty. Tell them your brakes are squeeling in reverse. Common problem.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have this problem and have taken it in twice for it but it was never fixed. Can you tell us what your invoice for that visit said 2006S40T5?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm interested too. The squealing started for me when the weather warmed up. Funny that it didn't happen last year.

·
Registered
651 Posts

There's updated brake pads front and rear that the dealer will replace under warranty. I had mine replaced, and the squealing is gone...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yup i've got the same problem, but only in warm humid weather. I've got to go in for the recall soon so I'll just have it done then.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

Mention to your service advisor: <p>TNN 51-10 2005-04-01<br>Rear Brake Noise / Rear Brake Pad Replacement<br>Under certain conditions while driving in reverse and applying the brakes a groaning noise may be heard from the rear brakes. A new rear brake pad and a greased retainer have been introduced in production and are now available as a service solution. If acustomer should complain of this noise from the rear brakes the vehicle should be repaired as follows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts