SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2000 S40 with 22,000 miles on it. The brake light has just started to go on intermittently and the service manager says that it might be time to replace the brake pads. In my VWs I usually get 40,000 - 60,000 on a set of pads, so why so little miles on the Volvo? Is this anything that can be covered under warranty because we got so little mileage from the obviously soft brake pads?<P>Also, is there a solution to the lost center caps dilemma? We have lost 6 caps in our 1 1/2 year ownership of this very nice car. Fortunately they have replaced them for free every time, so no complaints from me about the dealership there. But it is a pain and our sales guy told us *not* to drive without them when we told them to give us 4 caps and we'd replace them when we turned the car in at the end of the lease.<P>Thanks for your help!<BR>Stuart

·
Registered
13 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fprintf:<BR><B>Also, is there a solution to the lost center caps dilemma? We have lost 6 caps in our 1 1/2 year ownership of this very nice car. Fortunately they have replaced them for free every time, so no complaints from me about the dealership there. But it is a pain and our sales guy told us *not* to drive without them when we told them to give us 4 caps and we'd replace them when we turned the car in at the end of the lease.<P>Thanks for your help!<BR>Stuart</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>A little bit of Silicone should do the trick.<BR><P>

·
Registered
33 Posts
What a coincidence. I have a 2001 S40 with 22700 miles on it, and as in my post below, I have to change the rears ASAP. And I am about to go to the dealer to go get a new center cap for my wheel as well.<P>I thought 22k miles was a little short for the life of these pads, but I have no idea what compound they use. My friend's V70 had shot rotors at 20k miles since she burn through the brakes and figured that the brakes would have lasted longer than 20k.<P>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts