SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I just bought a 2007 S80 3.2 a month ago and have enjoyed it very much. Pretty easy to work on in terms of filters, spark plugs, and changing the oil. I needed a new key so I took it to a local independent shop. While it was there they looked to car over to assess what else it may need.

There is an oil leak on the drivers side of the car. It was determined that the leak is caused by the brake vacuum pump. They wanted $725.00 to fix the leak. I'm finding genuine Volvo rebuild kits for less than $60.00. After a search I found this topic in various threads and each time it's stated as not a bad job to do all and it only takes a few hours. However, there wasn't of lot of detail in how to do it.

Would anyone have any details or diagrams about this job? I don't have VIDA yet so I'm with out a manual. Point me in the general direction and I can get there!

Thanks for any insight anyone may have.

fcb

·
Registered
462 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Take a pic of the part. Not sure what you're talking about. I'll see if I can get some instructions

·
Registered
57 Posts
FcbS80,
Do a search with my name duovolvo. There is a thread with oil leak as the title. I replaced the oil seals myself. It was an easy job. The thread contains instructions.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Is this it? The part looks like it has 5 small screws on it. That must be how it's taken apart to be rebuilt

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
duoV, found your article and the pix and description is very helpful.

glue eater, thank you for posting the diagram of how to remove it.

After this replies I was able to go to the car and locate the pump. Agreed it doesn't look that bad, but I like a little direction. You never know.

Thank you everyone. Great group!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hmm. I looked over the removal/repair and I'm not too happy about how much I have to take off just to get my wrenches on the two 10mm bolts. Anyway, I've inspected this and found I'm not leaking externally which was my fear. So for now, I'm not touching it even though I have the IPDUSA repair kit.

What started all this was a leak of some kind that I can't seem to really find the source of. At this point, I think I have a leaking power steering hose. Time will tell.

Thanks to all those that have documented what they did to repair this pump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts