SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering upgrading my brakes. I need to replace my brake pads soon and I was going to go with Hawks all around but then I started thinking of maybe replacing the front rotors with a pair of slotted ones. I was wondering how hard it was to get a little bit of a larger rotor while still keeping the stock caliper.<p>Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Re: Brake upgrades (Heimpel)

I haven't researched larger rotors but my guess is that you'd have to have a new caliper mounting bracket in order to use a larger rotor. I don't kmow if such a thing is available. <p>Hawks work good. When I need to do brakes I'm going to use EBC greens. I have used them on other cars and they are easy on rotors, low dust, low rotor wear and work as good as the street hawks. I know they are available for an 04 S60 but seems like they are not for earlier years.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Re: Brake upgrades (Heimpel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Heimpel</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am considering upgrading my brakes. I need to replace my brake pads soon and I was going to go with Hawks all around but then I started thinking of maybe replacing the front rotors with a pair of slotted ones. I was wondering how hard it was to get a little bit of a larger rotor while still keeping the stock caliper. Thanks</TD></TR></TABLE><p>Check out EuroSport, as they seem to have a fairly large selection of rotor upgrades (slotted, cross drilled, cadmium plated, etc.). You might be able to find a decent set that will fit your stock calipers...

·
Registered
111 Posts
my friend got some new upgraded brakes for his M3 and i was wondering if i could fit his stock M3 brakes onto my S60...idk much about brakes or bolt patterns...could anyone please help me...if it helps or matters it is from a 2002 M3

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figure I can probably throw on new rotors that are at least an inch bigger.. I guess I would just need to find a new caliper mounting bracket... anyone know how to do this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts