SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since replacing front brake pads with OEM pads and new Zimmerman (made in Germany) rotors several months ago my '08 3.2 has had brake squeal, it only squeals when car is moving very very slowly -- just before it comes to complete stop it gives out a squeal. it doesn't squeal until the car is almost stopped. a couple months ago, to try to get rid of squeal, I removed the pads, cleaned off dust with brake parts cleaner, and greased the contact points on back of pad and caliper slide pins with brake pad anti squeal lube; it seems to have helped but still having squeal when almost stopped. the anti rattle clips are in place. this is reallly annoying. I've changed pads on numerous cars and never had squeal before. any ideas? thanks

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Probably not the issue but any chance one of the caliper pin rubber sleeves is missing or worn or not fully installed? At some point one of mine went missing and I had to replace it due to squealing. Done a few brake jobs on mine, another time the squealing went away after I "bed" the brakes.

Just a thought...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts