SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since having a caliper replaced (along with new Akebono pads) my right rear squeaks at low speed (eg., stopping at a light). It drives me nuts in traffic.

Long story short, I went back to the shop for them to fix it but it was a rainy day and they felt it would be hard to diagnose, etc... I don't have a lot of time to go back and forth to a shop. So, moving on.

I've had it looked at by a local indy Volvo shop and they don't see anything in particular on quick inspection.

I know the basic deal, something inside is oscillating and making noise. But what can *I* do to fix it? It's really annoying in traffic as I said.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ever since having a caliper replaced (along with new Akebono pads) my right rear squeaks at low speed (eg., stopping at a light). It drives me nuts in traffic.

Long story short, I went back to the shop for them to fix it but it was a rainy day and they felt it would be hard to diagnose, etc... I don't have a lot of time to go back and forth to a shop. So, moving on.

I've had it looked at by a local indy Volvo shop and they don't see anything in particular on quick inspection.

I know the basic deal, something inside is oscillating and making noise. But what can *I* do to fix it? It's really annoying in traffic as I said.
Start with the basics: does the Akebono pads specify a pad bedding procedure? If so, bed the pads again.
I've personally seen squeaking happen when there's still air in the caliper (back when I had Volvo rears anyway). Since you've new calipers, there's actually an extra step to bleeding out the rear calipers: see my old post here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts