SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got ceramic pads and wondering if anyone upgraded the rotors also or just use OEM.<br>My front rotors are shot but rears are fine, deciding if I should just replace all 4 since I'm switching all four to ceramic pads.<br>Any opinions are welcomed.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Re: Brake rotors for ceramic pads (volvoRSC)

There is no need. People make a bigger deal out of rotors than they need to. The pads are the most important part, and I love my PFC ceramic pads. Rotors are disposable items. Good choice on pads, but don't spend anymore on rotors than OEM.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Re: Brake rotors for ceramic pads (Majisto)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Majisto</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There is no need. People make a bigger deal out of rotors than they need to. The pads are the most important part, and I love my PFC ceramic pads. Rotors are disposable items. Good choice on pads, but don't spend anymore on rotors than OEM.</TD></TR></TABLE><br>Totally agree. If you were going to be racing the car, then it is a different discussion. But for street use, OEM rotors are fine. If you were going to use a rotor that was not sourced from Volvo, I would make a point to check the runout to be sure you were not getting a set of rotors that had been rejected by Volvo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts