SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just a quick question, I'm looking for new rotors and have noticed that they list different sizes on some sites, what are the stock rotor sizes front and rear for my application?<p>Thanks,<br>NJGB<p>Car is currently in the shop for service so I can't very well take the wheel off and measure at the moment.<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by NJGreenBudd at 2:51 PM 6-12-2009</i>

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Re: Brake rotor size for 2002 S60 2.4T AWD?? (NJGreenBudd)

If there are two choices for the front, yours is probably the smaller (286mm in front), as the larger rotors were normally reserved for the T5s. <p>Tire Rack is usually good about pointing you to the right parts.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So they came with both sizes????<p>Like I said the car is in the shop being serviced for a few days and I was hoping to order the brakes today so they would be here when I got the car back.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Re: (NJGreenBudd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>NJGreenBudd</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So they came with both sizes????<p>Like I said the car is in the shop being serviced for a few days and I was hoping to order the brakes today so they would be here when I got the car back.</TD></TR></TABLE><br>Yes, unless you want to take a guess on the size. The rears are all the same though.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But if they used both sizes from the factory does that mean I could use either? Why would they use two different sizes? I can't believe that.<p>I was guessing they would have the bigger ones because of all the added weight of the AWD but I guess I will have to wait to measure when I get it home.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to update this thread:

My 2002 S60 2.4T AWD utilizes the larger 12" 305mm front rotors and 11" 285mm rear rotors.

I have seen many listings for 2.4T models that show 11" fronts, fact of the matter is that the AWD model comes with the larger rotors, often vendors don't differentiate between FWD and AWD, just 2.4T to 2.3T to R. I just ran into this again when I was shipped 11" after being reassured the rotors were indeed the correct size, said they couldn't measure them but they were 100% certain, well here is a new EBC 3GD on top of my stock front rotor, obviously they sent the standard 11" disc instead the 12". Had to wait for them to arrive only to find out they were incorrect, contact the shipping vendor and get the RA#, now sitting here waiting for them to pick up the wrong ones and deliver the correct ones.

From now on I'm just going to order the front rotors as a T5 model to ensure they ship the big old 12" rotors.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I wasn't able to take my wheels off to measure...so i used a tape measure across the wheel to eye the correct measure. I hope I was not wrong :confused:

I have been using 11" Brembo front rotors on my car for some time and its an AWD. Mine is 2007 2.5 AWD...I hope I didnt get screwed by the debacle you have been fighting with.

·
Registered
556 Posts
2005 2.5T awd and my car has the 12 inch front rotors and 11 inch in the rear

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Guess one the rotors look crappy enough...12 in rotors going on the front lol *facepalm*. I wonder if they may have been replaced wrong before my ownership...blah I'll never know lol

·
Registered
277 Posts
IF you had the smaller rotors and you are dumb like me and think you have the larger ones and don't find out until you get them like I did...you can always upgrade the bracket so the larger rotor will fit. Kind of like a brake upgrade. The part # for the larger bracket is 8603449.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts