SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my front rotors. Planning on getting it from FCP. Notice there are different sizes. How do I know which size is mine? Also, between Zimmerman, Brembo and Meyle, which one is better? Not much difference in prices.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Most likely 286 mm, but measure them as Antherzoll said.

Original Volvo is the best long term.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
I JUST ordered yesterday and had the same question. Get your VIN and call FCP and they will confirm.
I want to replace my front rotors. Planning on getting it from FCP. Notice there are different sizes. How do I know which size is mine? Also, between Zimmerman, Brembo and Meyle, which one is better? Not much difference in prices.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
XC70's are 286mm. You could upsize to 305s with bigger brackets from a T5.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Also, between Zimmerman, Brembo and Meyle, which one is better? Not much difference in prices.
I have had superb service from new Zimmermann 305mm rotors with Akebono pads over the past year.

/don't forget quality slider lube (I use Werth) and brake pad backing lube (Ate)

·
Registered
13,458 Posts
I did front rotors last year on my XC70 and used the Bosch ones from ipd - they're working fine.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
XC70's are 286mm. You could upsize to 305s with bigger brackets from a T5.
Brackets are inexpensive for the upgrade. I'll be putting 305s on my XC70 soon with the brackets off a T5 at the yard. The upgrade doesn't add any time to the brake job, so why not?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
286 mm

So I called both dealer and FCP and thy told me my rotors are 286 mm according to VIN.

Ordered Zimmerman rotors Akebono pad kit. Also ordered sway bar links since old ones are now rattling.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts