SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 06 XC90 V8 ORE with 18" wheels. Does anyone know if the vehicle came with the 336mm rotors or 316mm rotors? IPD gives me an option for both. I am traveling and will be home Friday and would like to change brakes this coming weekend. So your help is appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
What is their return policy? ... perhaps order both.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I bet one person could hold two soda straws parallel, thru the wheel spokes, against the rotor edges ... as a helper measures the distance between the straws. Or, if there is an odd number of wheel spokes ... measure from the center of the wheel to one soda straw held "square".

Beware, the front and rear may not be the same..

16" or 17"

·
Registered
154 Posts
You are going to have to either call up the dealer with the VIN, or pull off the wheel and take a look at what is stamped on the edge of the rotor.

As a side note, if you are ordering from IPD then you are probably paying too much money for the parts.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the ideas. I am sure there are cheaper places but I am done with using aftermarket brake pads. My XC70 has not stopped squealing (even after adding anti squeal compound) since I installed new aftermarket front pads. IPD is cheaper than the dealer for the blue box pads. If there is a cheaper place please let me know.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for the ideas. I am sure there are cheaper places but I am done with using aftermarket brake pads. My XC70 has not stopped squealing (even after adding anti squeal compound) since I installed new aftermarket front pads. IPD is cheaper than the dealer for the blue box pads. If there is a cheaper place please let me know.
Just ask your dealer to match ipd's price.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did the brakes today, got the parts from the dealer. Just one comment, anyone figure out how to get a ratchet on the lower rear slide bolts? Those things were a PITA to get out and back in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts