SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a message, "Engine System Requires Service" on 02' S 60.<br>When I went in for diagnostics it seems it has something to do with the brake pedal sensor. I think the part is around 200$ if I am correct.<br>My mechanic thinks it's just another bell and whistle and not worth fixing but the mechanic at Volvo says if I leave the vehicle as it stands my ABS will eventully fail. Anyone have a similar problem? Also, what would cause this?<br>Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: Brake Pedal Sensor (Alyson)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>Alyson</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Got a message, "Engine System Requires Service" on 02' S 60.<br>When I went in for diagnostics it seems it has something to do with the brake pedal sensor. I think the part is around 200$ if I am correct.<br>My mechanic thinks it's just another bell and whistle and not worth fixing but the mechanic at Volvo says if I leave the vehicle as it stands my ABS will eventully fail. Anyone have a similar problem? Also, what would cause this?<br>Thanks in advance.</TD></TR></TABLE><p>If the ABS will fail, then $200 now is well worth avoiding a more expensive cost down the road.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Re: Brake Pedal Sensor (Tiny)

On the same note the stealership told me that once and when I went to an Indy mech. he saw no such reading through VIDA. Ask for the printout of codes!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: Brake Pedal Sensor (Alyson)

You can go to many auto parts shops and they will scan your codes for you. I go to an Autozone by my house. They give you the code print outs, it would be more helpful I believe.

·
Registered
404 Posts
It sounds like its the brake pedal position sensor. Its one of the inputs used for abs and dstc to determine how aggressive the brakes were pressed. If could cause stability control issues in a situation where the control module needs to know that information to help avoid loss of vehicle control. <p>As far as getting the printout, unless your planning to decipher the code on your own, its not going to be of much help. Give them a chance to fix it, before you start screaming foul.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts