SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compared to Jag, I wish Volvo brake pedal didn't need to be pressed harder to put the car to a halt.

I also feel more fatigue around my knees after long driving in the XC90 than in the Jag and changing seat positions doesn't help much as there is a limit to seat movements to ease the pain.

I know I'm getting a little older and fluids around my knees may be crying out for medical attention, but I wish I could have very sensitive brake feel so that I could stop XC90 with minimal pressure applied as I do in the Jag.

It feels better when I move the seat all the way to the back and stretch my legs to brake. But that's not a good diving position if I'd need to pull the steering wheel too far out towards the backseat, let alone narrowing down my rear passenger's legroom.

I always drive in Pure mode and slowly to prevent engaging ICE. So, I can't blame it on Power/ Dynamic mode braking.

Other than that, I feel like I'll soon be diagnosed with arthritis in the manner this brake pedal feel is exposing my discomfort around my knees.

I wish it was solvable with a software update.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
933 Posts
If I remember correctly, there is a brake pedal setting in Sensus. I have a different setting in Individual Vs Comfort but I am not able to tell any difference, though.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I remember correctly, there is a brake pedal setting in Sensus. I have a different setting in Individual Vs Comfort but I am not able to tell any difference, though.
I tried individual mode today with different brake feel settings, and I couldn't tell the difference.

I'll try dynamic braking for a long while and assess impact on my knees

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
How many miles on your vehicle, Seti? Perhaps it's time for a brake job? I too found that brakes are not firm to my liking but they are at the end of life, surprisingly short for the modern car.
I'm too finding myself uncomfortable in Momentum't seat and dedicated one of seat's memory setting for "moved away as much as possible" position so I can stretch my legs while driving.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How many miles on your vehicle, Seti? Perhaps it's time for a brake job? I too found that brakes are not firm to my liking but they are at the end of life, surprisingly short for the modern car.
I'm too finding myself uncomfortable in Momentum't seat and dedicated one of seat's memory setting for "moved away as much as possible" position so I can stretch my legs while driving.
Mileage now is 39700KM (24,667 US miles)

I'll check the pads to see what's going on there. But I also use Renegenerative braking always before braking.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Compared to Jag, I wish Volvo brake pedal didn't need to be pressed harder to put the car to a halt.

I also feel more fatigue around my knees after long driving in the XC90 than in the Jag and changing seat positions doesn't help much as there is a limit to seat movements to ease the pain.

I know I'm getting a little older and fluids around my knees may be crying out for medical attention, but I wish I could have very sensitive brake feel so that I could stop XC90 with minimal pressure applied as I do in the Jag.

It feels better when I move the seat all the way to the back and stretch my legs to brake. But that's not a good diving position if I'd need to pull the steering wheel too far out towards the backseat, let alone narrowing down my rear passenger's legroom.

I always drive in Pure mode and slowly to prevent engaging ICE. So, I can't blame it on Power/ Dynamic mode braking.

Other than that, I feel like I'll soon be diagnosed with arthritis in the manner this brake pedal feel is exposing my discomfort around my knees.

I wish it was solvable with a software update.

The 2020 T8s have a different braking system which makes the brakes more linear. Unfortunately, there was a hardware change, so it's not something you can just do a software upgrade for.

·
Registered
261 Posts
That is because Volvo doesn't overboost their brake pedal to make them feel "more aggressive" than they actually are. Far too many manufacturers are guilty of this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts