SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to get some good after market brake pads (that are dustless) such as the EBC green stuff, however there doesn't seem to be any made. I am told to get the same brakes as are on the S80, and still the only ones I could find are the EBC, but then only for the front brakes, and I was a set for all four wheels. Any recomendations?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think you can get front and rear EBC Green Stuff's or Red Stuff's at Tirerack.<P>Here's a link that lets them know you came from Swedespeed:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.tirerack.com/affiliates/swedespeed/index.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.tirerack.com/affiliates/swedespeed/index.html</A> <P>Enter your make/model/year and then click on Brakes on the top right of the title menu.<P>--Adam

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tried them, and no luck......they don't have S80 rears which are the same as the V70 for 2001.<P>Thanks Anyway<BR>

·
Registered
91 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V70SAM:<BR><B>tried them, and no luck......they don't have S80 rears which are the same as the V70 for 2001.<P>Thanks Anyway</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Are you sure you want S80 pads for your V70?<BR>Tirerack's site has EBC green fronts for $79 and rears for $49 for 2001 V70(P26). This should be corrected if these are the wrong pads.<P>-Rob<P><p>[This message has been edited by Rob 101 (edited 10-16-2001).]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EBC is wrong about the 2001 V70 pads, and as such so is The TireRack. You see, the 1993-2000 Volvo 850/V70 shared the same brakes. However, the 2001 V70 actually has the S80 brakes which is why you may have read complaints about how sensative they are, since the S80 weighs 300 more pounds. Anyway, I have a set of EBC greenstuff here waiting to be returned to The TireRack (waiting on fedex label), they didn't know it, but they sent me 850 brakes and this is again because EBC is labeling them as such.<P>I also checked into IPD and they too make no S80/2001 V70 brakes.<P>So, I guess I'll just wait until someone makes the right pads that I need.<P>Sam<BR><p>[This message has been edited by V70SAM (edited 10-17-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts