SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom has a 2010 Volvo XC60 she purchased new and it has less than 15,000 miles. She pointed out to me that what looks like the retaining clip for the front driver's side brake pad is rusting pretty severely. Has anyone else noticed this or is aware of any recalls for this issue on XC60 or other EUCD platform Volvos ?

The passenger side front brake pad retaining clip looks fine in comparison as do all the others - we did notice some minor rust on another one.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
That would still be under warranty right? I'd ask the dealer...

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My mom is retired and taking her time taking it back to the dealer. I called her this AM about the issue and she was still in bed @9:40AM and hadn't taken the car in :) She also is having trouble with BLIS - she let me drive the XC60 to Destin FL over the summer and the passenger side BLIS alert starting alert falsely and often.
She took it to dealer previously for this issue and they commented water intrusion and replaced a harness related to BLIS -this hasn't fixed the issue though. I will let you the result know once she takes it in for both issues.

This same dealer kept telling her there nothing wrong with a tire after she repeatedly received notifications of low tire pressure and kept adding air to the same tire and never did anything to investigate it until a new service manager was hired at the dealer and finally tested the wheel and tire and noticed 3 nails in it.
We suspect the previous service manager was fired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts