SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right Front seems to make niose "crrrrr" when braking slighly from 40 to 0.

Check my brakes and the Pads are still has a lot of pads. what can it be?
Tried to video but cannot capture the sound, you can hear it slighly.

Also when the car is cold (like in the morning) it is quiet. seems that after driving for about 5 min, then the brake sound comes back.

what is it? anyone?

Phew, seems that droping the car with KW's, my car seems to react. well after bending my wheels :mad:

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Are you applying pressure on the brakes when it makes that sound? Otherwise it could be something else like a ball-bearing going bad...

·
Registered
9,114 Posts
Sure it's not from the rears? These cars are prone to rear brake noise. My rear pads currently are making the same high pitch noise under light braking. Im just waiting till the pads to wear out prior to replacement and just putting up with it.

Either way if it is the fronts I would start by greasing the pads and caliper sliding components and if the problem persists then look into the pads themselves.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
i got some break noise but only when cold ....
why i dont know :S

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
My car makes the same noise but only when turning right into a parking spot and I am applying the brakes. It almost vibrates the steering wheel. Don't know what it is either :/. Its coming from the right front...

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
My rears are Disk drilled/slotted and Hawks from Viva. They are so quiet and less to no brake dust. i am happy with them after approx 1 year.
My Fronts are OEM 300mm. still have about 70%, the noise is more of a shhhh.....shhhhh.....shhhh when i apply the brakes from about 30 to 10. high speed there are no noise at all. just during slowing down. While turning, no noise, just appy the brakes then there she is. it really disturbing me. the noise still there when i release the brakes but it goes out eventually more like a th........th......th....

i just put my windows up, then i dont here the noise at all, but you know me, i like peace of mind while driving. I will check and re lube pad and calipers and see how it goes.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Any chance one of the rotors isn't perfectly seated against the hub therefore the pad catches it every time it rotates to that spot which is slightly pushed away from the hub? Just a thought?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts