SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know I have mentioned this before, but it seems to be coming and going a lot. I have the Powerslot rotors with now stock pads in the front and all stock in the back. The rear brakes seem to be squeeling I think. Anyone know why and what to do. I took it to the dealer and they applied the silicone grease to the backs of the pads, but it didnt seem to help. Oh yeah, I also have steel braided lines. Its pissing me off, Im starting to think I will always have squeeky brakes. You know its hard to show up a civic when my car sounds so crappy.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
Re: Brake issues again (pj's 850)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Ok I know I have mentioned this before, but it seems to be coming and going a lot. I have the Powerslot rotors with now stock pads in the front and all stock in the back. The rear brakes seem to be squeeling I think. Anyone know why and what to do. I took it to the dealer and they applied the silicone grease to the backs of the pads, but it didnt seem to help. Oh yeah, I also have steel braided lines. Its pissing me off, Im starting to think I will always have squeeky brakes. You know its hard to show up a civic when my car sounds so crappy.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><p>The rear breaks are 100% Volvo parts? Rotor/pads, and they can't make them quite? Did you keep the stock rotors for the front? I have heard of a lot of people having sqeeling with the Powersolot roters, but that was with them on all 4 corners. Volvo rotors are usally silent, although they make up for it in break dust. Are the rear rotors getting old?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Brake issues again (Kaizai)

Rear rotors are all stock, pads and rotors and hardware. They are brand new, I had this the old ones wear out, they replaced them with new ones, something happened were the new ones started chattering really bad and so they replaced them again, and now no chatter, but squeel. I originally thought it was the front ones but the dealership says no, and others who have looked at it say its the rear ones. If it is actually the front ones or in some way related to the front ones, maybe I should look into changing all four soon with something new. I would go with a different vented disc than Powerslot, but I like the slotted rotors. I have been warned against drilled rotors so that idea makes me a little skiddish, but I see a few people who have them. Maybe something new with Mintex or EBC pads would be nice. I dont know, just wondering if anyone had a fix.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I think I have the answer to this problem, hehe, wel not really, but I no what I want next. I saw that IPD will be offering the conversion to the larger brakes for the 850, this will be my next purchase I think. Ill put those on the front and go with there recomended pads and of course my steel braided lines. As for the rear I think I will be replacing the pads, adding shims, and having another shop do the job, I think the problem is the dealership. I know that volvo's have issues with rear squealling brakes, but it seems that people have been able to fix the problem, not my dealer. I also want to have the brake system completely drained and cleaned with new fluid put in. Im thinking that will improve performance.<br>

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts

I've had moderate success with an aerosol brake cleaner. My fronts were squeeling and it helped a bit, some of the squeeling could have been dirt and brake dust build up. My rotors were worn and were the real problem so it didn't fully go away until I replaced the pads and rotors. Sinse your is new maybe it will work better? Only a few bucks to try. I can look in the garage if you want to know what I used, off the shelf stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts