SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a xc90 2004 . For some reason my right front caliper gets stuck and won't let the wheel spin, I replaced the caliper but have the same problem...what can I do? Thanks

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
first thing to test... when the wheel locks up, jack the car up, loosen the bleed valve (this will probably require a rebleed of the system) and if the caliper lets the wheel free, then you know that the problem is not with the caliper. From there, i would look at the ABS module.. .

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
not sure. If it were your master cylinder or booster pump, you would have pressure on all 4 corners. The ABS is basically a relief valve so it make sense that as you drive around, apply pressure to the brakes, the pressure isn't backed down on that one line.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not sure. If it were your master cylinder or booster pump, you would have pressure on all 4 corners. The ABS is basically a relief valve so it make sense that as you drive around, apply pressure to the brakes, the pressure isn't backed down on that one line.
Yea I also think the master cylinder and booster is not the problem, but how can I know it's the module or how can I fix it?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sometimes the brake hose swells and develops into a 1-way valve: i.e., it allows fluid to flow forward but not backward.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts