SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help ! R's been acting up in the past day or so. I keep getting a message saying Brake Failure, "Stop safely" and at the same time on the right side of the dash the Brake and ABS lights will light. Ive noticed the car will take me out of advanced mode and put me into spot mode, when this happens the head lights flicker and the lights by my feet will light/come on. . In addition Just bought a new battery and when the car sits for longer than an hour the battery dosnt feed into the car. For example, the clock will be off a few hours. Each time this occurs the battery fails to start the car on the first try but then works perfectly fine on the second. Any one else experience or hear about any of these things?<p>I think Ive got electrical gremlins.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Re: Brake Failure - "Stop Safely" (DFurst09)

Check this thread <A HREF="http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=102546" TARGET="_blank">http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=102546</A><p>Also led to the infamous quote by Helmut Ranff: "BRAKE FAILURE, STOP SAFELY' is an error message they wrote when slamming Vodka in Gotenborg as a joke."

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: Brake Failure - "Stop Safely" (jdog)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>jdog</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"><br>Also led to the infamous quote by Helmut Ranff: "BRAKE FAILURE, STOP SAFELY' is an error message they wrote when slamming Vodka in Gotenborg as a joke."</TD></TR></TABLE><p>I thought he said "BRAKE FAILURE, DIE SAFELY", or something to that effect.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Re: Brake Failure - "Stop Safely" (Mika)

the full quote:<p>Very interested in what they will do to your car. Brake failure, stop safely is an error message they wrote when slamming Vodka in Gotenborg as a joke.<p>It is the same as "CAR IS ROLLING OVER, DIE SAFELY" coming from the driver information screen<p>Man Volvo is crazy but so am I for owning them<br>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts