SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wouldn't recommend ArmorAll products generally, but their wheel protectant actually works. I've been using it for a couple of months with very good results. Your wheels won't stay pristine, but brake dust adhesion is greatly reduced.

(+) The front wheels get dirty at about the same rate as the rest of the car verses within the first 10 miles of driving

(+) Protected wheel surfaces are much easier to clean

(-) The product has a waxy feel and a slight matte appearance when dry so I wouldn't recommend it for car show-level detailing

(-) Not suitable on darker wheel finishes (from what I've read) as it will have a dusty white appearance once dry

A few things I've found in using this stuff...

Apply your tire dressing first.

You need to use a lot of product for it to be effective... a wet coat but not runny (as shown in the photo), just as if you were trying to spray paint the wheel with a single coat of paint.

I don't even try to coat the inner barrel but you can coat the calipers.

Let it dry completely before driving.

If you miss a spot or there were any water droplets on the wheel when sprayed, that area will become a brake dust magnet. You can spot clean the wheel, but apply some product over that area afterwards, even though the rest if the wheel is not perfectly clean.

I get 3+ applications out of a 7 ounce can. If you don't like it, no harm done as it can be washed off.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Adding a couple of comparison photos.. I left one of my front wheels untreated and this is how it looked compared to the treated wheel after 8 days and about 350 miles (dry conditions).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts