SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend we are replacing my brakes, brake booster and struts and shocks... All the part will be in the morning from FCP. I just found out I have STC and the booster ordered doesn't. In order for me to get one on time I might have to got to Kragens. Does anyone know if the Cardone remanufactured brake boosters are any good?
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...2557&keyword=brake+booster&pt=01305&ppt=C0066

tia,
Ron

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
IPD and FCP both are out of stock on them, and we are making a trip to Denver in a week.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Called FCP and they say that it is the right booster... Still not sure as I have the STC button on the console but FCP says it would say DSTC if it was DSTC. Anyone have the answer?

Here is what it says at FCP:
Volvo V70, S60, and S80 power brake booster. This on fits models w/o DSTC (dynamic stability traction control)

Fits the following models:

Volvo V70 (2001)
Volvo S80 Non Turbo (1999-2001)
Volvo S80 Turbo (1999-2001)
Volvo S60 (2001)

When I search around I see posts where it is claimed that the brake booster that is to be used for a car with STC is the one that is for DSTC.

I am confused and don't want to go to all the trouble to remove it and find out I have the wrong part.

tia,
Ron

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Called FCP and they say that it is the right booster... Still not sure as I have the STC button on the console but FCP says it would say DSTC if it was DSTC. Anyone have the answer?
This is correct.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I thought all P2s have STC standard & that DTSC was reserved for the T5, R (& maybe the other AWD powertains?)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We got everything in and during the job found out we had a bad cv boot so we also installed a new axle. The booster was not bad at all to install as we were also doing a brake job... So we removed the master cylinder also. The hardest part of the booster install was removing and installing the 4 nuts from the inside of the car that hold the booster in place.

Question: When we got done with the install our brake lights would not go off... So we bent the pedal sensor and now it is fine. Is this what everyone else does too?

tia,
Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts