SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Re: Braided stainless brake lines (V50_T5)

My son had steel braided hoses, not sure if it's evolve though, on his S70, says that it's not much of a difference. I guess when you run lab tests it might show some improvement, but on the road - sorry, not noticeable at all.<br>

·
Registered
135 Posts
I plan on doing the lines when its time to replace the pads. On my last car upgrading the lines and pads together made a world of difference but I couldn't tell you which had more effect.

·
Registered
365 Posts
stainless lines just provide better brake feel -- particularly on older cars with worn-out lines that stretch a lot. I suspect there will be little difference in a new Volvo.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Re: Braided stainless brake lines (V50_T5)

I got a slight improvement in feel when changing just the brake lines (I have the ones from Takspeed). Since they were only 98 bucks, I thought it was worth the money.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Re: (George @ ViVA)

i recommend the viva ss lines, really work on my car

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: (Beowulf)

Somehow I thought the benefit from upgraded brakes / brakelines / brakepads, etc. was mostly in track driving, not every day...

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
You'll definately feel a firmer pedal stroke with SS lines...especially once the car starts to get old and the lines expand. I waited until my car had 130,000 miles on it and it's a nice relatively inexpensive upgrade.<br>George can hook you up. He carries great stuff.

·
Registered
696 Posts
BASSMAN: <br>my last car was a 2000 nissan sentra. not a rocket, but good enough for me. allmost all updrades were nismo, including my brake kit, which included x-drilled rotors with pads, and braided lines. combined together, it was most definately an improvement, even for daily driving. i might mention i never raced the car, was my 100% daily driven vehicle.<p>

·
Registered
386 Posts
Re: (volvos40t5)

Cool, thanks. Sounds like a good improvement for not too much money. For my part, I'm still trying to get enough guts and $ to purchase BSR Stage I. Then I'll think about brake lines and pedals and such. Good to hear brakelines and rotors, etc., make a difference even in daily.<p>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts