SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 S60 R Design, Fusion Red, Fully Loaded
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this has been covered somewhere, I apologize. I searched and couldn’t find anyone discussing whether the B&W system can be added after purchase and if so, what the cost might be?

I am sure it would be more than adding during an order but wondering if anyone has done this or inquired about it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
No, not available after purchase.

The best you can get is:
Find a shop to add two pairs of speaker wires to each door,
Buy a set of B&W speakers,
Buy B&W Amp,
Have them hooked up,
Then you will have B&W quality sound, but still no theatre effect.

Cost of these could be $4k or more maybe.

So maybe just trade-in and change the car.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60

·
Registered
2019 S60 R Design, Fusion Red, Fully Loaded
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, have no intention of spending that. Was more curious if anyone out there may have made the change. I am content with the "stock" stereo and speakers which sound better than the HK upgrade I had in my V60CC.

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Thanks, have no intention of spending that. Was more curious if anyone out there may have made the change. I am content with the "stock" stereo and speakers which sound better than the HK upgrade I had in my V60CC.
I thought I read somewhere about a potential for adding the subwoofer that comes with the MY19+ HK mid-level option? I'll have to do some research.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wouldn’t bother... the cost of all the components is way too much, I did this assessment after my amp shorted. If I could do it all again, I’d get the standard set-up and get a hold of the metal speaker grills and put an aftermarket sub in the truck, save myself a couple grand.

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Cost of components is one thing, the labor cost to wire up more speaker wires to doors is too high.

Fusion · Red · T8 · XC60

·
Registered
81 Posts
There was a thread on XC90 about sound system upgrades. Long story short, wires are missing in the back door and other places in non B&W systems. Not really worth the cost unless you get the speakers used from salvage cars.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
There was a thread on XC90 about sound system upgrades. Long story short, wires are missing in the back door and other places in non B&W systems. Not really worth the cost unless you get the speakers used from salvage cars.
This is the least of anyone's worries; the biggest issue is that you will need an entirely new dashboard, to accommodate the B&W center speaker. That, alone (in parts and labor) will cost well north of $2,000...

·
Registered
911 Posts
This is the least of anyone's worries; the biggest issue is that you will need an entirely new dashboard, to accommodate the B&W center speaker. That, alone (in parts and labor) will cost well north of $2,000...
Uh, what? That's not accurate to my knowledge.

There are two base dash types, those with the HUD cut-out, and those without. Beyond that, there's leather wrapped, and non-leather wrapped etc. But the center speaker hole provision is the same from base stereo, to HK, to B&W. They're all inserts.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Correct the center speaker just inserts on s90 on XC models its is different.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts