SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I go through the hassle of sending this back to the seller on eBay, I though I'd offer it up on here first. It fits '04-'11 V8 XC90. $35 and I will cover the shipping in the U.S.

Part number is 33-2328 if you want to double check.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Before I go through the hassle of sending this back to the seller on eBay, I though I'd offer it up on here first. It fits '04-'11 V8 XC90. $35 and I will cover the shipping in the U.S.

Part number is 33-2328 if you want to double check.
I will take it off your hands. Message me the details

J

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Careful, the race-boy filters are notorious for fouling MAF systems.
Easy on the oil and you should be okay in that regard.

Not a fan of the K&N

P

·
Registered
649 Posts
I've had one installed on my XC90 for about 24k miles now. No problems to speak of. Did it increase the performance? Probably not, the stock V8 filter has MORE surface area than the K&N, but it does simplify recurring costs because you don't throw it out and replace it, you just wash it and re-oil it.

As Mr. P said;

DO NOT OVER-OIL IT. OVER-OILING WILL CAUSE MAF SENSOR PROBLEMS

Follow the instructions on how to oil it - which includes blotting it with a towel to draw out the excess oil.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks guys. I take it a few members have had problems in the past with getting a little to liberal with the oil? I have had a few in the past. Don't think I've taken matches to it though, that's a good trick!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Don't think I've taken matches to it though, that's a good trick!
You only use the match treatment if you want to get another 30 HP and 20 Ft-lb of torque. Mr. P's special match treatment is the trick to allowing your car to breath, fresh unadulterated air!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Ha !

Be sure to rinse with clean water and go easy on the oil, blot with a paper towel before installing.

P

·
Registered
111 Posts
You only use the match treatment if you want to get another 30 HP and 20 Ft-lb of torque. Mr. P's special match treatment is the trick to allowing your car to breath, fresh unadulterated air!
LOL. I may have to ask that question to customers who experience vehicle fires in the future! " Have you had any recent mechanical work, do you have a remote car starter, did you utilize Mr. P's air filter upgrade?"

·
Registered
128 Posts
You must read instructions on cleaning and oil of K&N filters.;)
Eldery may want others to oil K&N, does not take much oil to over oil K&N.
Mr P pictures shows how great K&N will burn when older person could over oils K&N.:thumbup:

·
Registered
668 Posts
You must read instructions on cleaning and oil of K&N filters.;)
Eldery may want others to oil K&N, does not take much oil to over oil K&N.
Mr P pictures shows how great K&N will burn when older person could over oils K&N.:thumbup:
The above is a little hard for me to parse.

1)Read and follow the instructions on how to care for K&N filters
2) The elderly* are predisposed to over apply oil to K&N filters, thus the elderly* should have somone else care for their K&N filter
3) The pictures from Mr. P shows how great a K&N filter will burn if copious amounts of oil is applied to the filter.

* It is not clear to me what he means by elderly, old enough to know the difference between a holley and a weber? As an aside, I know plenty of teenagers who are illiterate, and many more who refuse to read instructions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts