SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...taking a bit of risk and bought the V/S60 Polestar Engineered strut tower brace components (part #s below) to see if they'll work on the V90.

Many months ago I had someone measure the distances between the strut bolts on a V60, and it seems to align with the V90. It's also already been confirmed that the XC60 version is a direct bolt-on for the XC90, which is a good sign. I'll follow-up once the parts are in hand and I can do a test fit. In the meantime, here are the required parts and part numbers:

1x 32207450, Right-front attaching plate
1x 32207449, Left-front attaching plate
1x 32207448, Frame side cross member (aka: the cross bar)
4x 987515, Flang screw (aka: the bolts that hold the cross bar to the attaching plates)

So the cross bar is shared between the V/S60 and the XC60. But the attaching plates are NOT shared between the V/S60 and the XC60, because the angle of the strut tops are different and require different attaching plates! So make sure that if you're ordering that you're ordering the correct attaching plates for your application!

·
Registered
90 Posts
I bought one too, it was on back order until last week. just need to pick up at dealership 40 miles away when i can find the time.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picked my parts up from the dealer today. Did a quick test fit once I got home and I can confirm that the V60 parts I listed above will fit on a V90.

I just need to clean up the strut towers before I bolt these on, and confirm the correct torque specs for the strut tower bolts.

·
Registered
109 Posts
FYI, the bolts that connect the brace to each plate get torqued to 30nm

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
What was your total cost? I'm seeing around $300 total.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
very interested to know if you experience noticeable improvement in handling, cornering, body flex/roll...especially during the various comfort and polestar settings...since NY state roads are horrible, i tend to use the individual mode with comfort suspension setting with all other settings polestar'ish...

·
Registered
90 Posts
through your local dealer?...or online dealer?...is the 20% rebate the volvo one?...

am interested in hearing your experience with it's effects...thx...R
Ended up getting through my local dealer to save on shipping, you can check if your dealer will price match, be happy to send you a copy of my invoice. I chatted with Volvo CS and got a couple through chat, I've done that a couple times and they always hook it up. My car is in the shop for a paint chip, hopefully to install this week and will circle back with performance.

·
Registered
216 Posts
@fusace...thanks...no need for invoice, i priced via vpc online...thanks for the tip on the coupon...

re: paint chip...now might be the time to install mud guards front/rear and paint to body color...did that with my OR and glad I did so...R

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
looks great...anything special to know about the install?...looking forward to hearing if you see/feel a difference...thanks...R
No, nothing too crazy about the install. It took all of 5 minutes, maybe.

To be honest, it's a design that in my opinion, could have been made more rigid. I'm not a huge fan of strut bars that aren't solid, single, pieces. As a comparison, take a look at the strut bar for my MR2, made by TRD. It's a welded piece that does NOT have slotted mounting holes, so everything has to be aligned juuuuuusssst right.

The front bar is similarly a solid piece, and also TRD.

·
Registered
216 Posts
@nbvolks...thanks for sharing...nice MR2...must be a fun car...i have an 09 BMW M3 coupe for 3 season driving...car is so tight, no need for a bar for street driving, IMO...but with the v90CC, i'm hoping there's a slight increase in rigidity that is noticeable...worth the cost...thx...R

·
Registered
33 Posts
Went with the one piece design from Viva and fit was perfect. Took about ten minutes to install.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
@nbvolks, @fusace, and @termite - Would love to hear your initial and long-term impressions with your respective Strut Braces! I wonder if any one product (P* v/s KC) is better than the other?! 🍻

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tough to not be swayed by the butt g meter, which is frequently nothing more than bias confirmation after buying ‘go fast’ parts and enjoying bolting them on. The car already has a fairly rigid structure. I bought it because I live in NY with terrible roads and dive a lot to VT where many local roads are dirt. I would not have bought the three piece bar only because I have had one piece bars on every other car. Mine was on sale at Viva and figured that it surely can’t hurt in keeping some chassis rigidity.

Reactions: Volvolic
1 - 20 of 32 Posts