SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I bought a yellow T5R, the one listed on ebay in Denver...yeah i went all the way out there to get it. Got an alright price, but some minor issues

1. The leather driver seat is cracked but not torn. How can I fix this as best as possible?

2. It's going to need a 100k service done, I was thinking about doing a full tuneup here as well. The car has gone through all services up to 90 something thousand miles. So, what spark plugs and wires are best? I will go to the dealer for the other items minus the intake filter.

3. The Sport Mode shift points are 5000 rpms for all speeds. What do you think it is?

4. Where's the best place to buy the front bumper cover? This one has two cracks in the air dam vertical bars (the 2" ones between the vents on the bottom). So I figure it's all chipped and scratched from years of use, minus well replace it.

5. Same question as #4, but with regard to the A/C Climate control speed/auto knob. That square one on the bottom left corner of the CC panel. Mine was missing.

6. Where is a real good indy volvo tech in Northern New Jersey (Newark/Bloomfield/Montclair/Nutley/Clifton Area) that I can have look at my car? The dealer there said that the car mechanically was sound. But that shifting issue got me wondering about their expertise. So I'd like to have someone you guys recommend look at it.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Congrats on a GREAT new car. Your dealer could probably order you the airdam prepainted. They have that ability now.

When I had my 850R, it would shift up around there, but the shift points varied by the amount of throttle I was giving it. Are you saying that under low throttle, it'll still run out to 5K RPM to shift?

On the leather, it might be cheapest to have a good upholstery shop replace that segment of leather and just take care to match the color closely.

Good luck with your new purchase.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far sounds good.

But under WOT my max shift point on sport mode is only 5000 rpm. Maybe the tuneup will fix it, but I thought max HP came at 5600 rpm, so wouldn't it be more reasonable to shift above that point?

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Well, if it's constant shifts at that point, perhaps there's some sort of malfunction with the computer that chooses the shiftpoints. That's all the sport mode and winter mode buttons do is select shifting programs for the computer that runs the auto tranny correct?

·
Registered
136 Posts
To refresh leather seats, cream shoe polish will often render cracks and scratches near-invisible, so try that before anything more extreme.

It will also soften the leather and prevent further damage.

Knobs are usually best got from a dealer, unless you have a good scrapyard nearby, it's hardly worth driving miles to save a few dollars.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have heard that Frank's in Wharton, NJ is good. My husband spoke to him when we had some 850R related questions and he was more than helpful. Since we found someone closer to where we live, I'm sorry that I no longer have the telephone number.
Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.