SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm pretty new here, but have loved Volvo's for ages.

I just bought a 1998 S70 T5 SE 5 spd. The car has 77 000 km on the odometer (actually 76 460 km) and I bought it from the original owner. It is black, with black leather - and everything on the car (seems to) work great!! I looked hard at the car - and realized that if I didn't buy it, someone else would very soon. (I bought it the same day it came out in the trader.)

He has full service records for the car (timing belt was done 5000 km ago) including new tires, brakes - and in 2002 there was an electrical issue where they replaced all of the ignition system (a short or something).
The car drives amazing, shifts well, and goes into boost very fast.

I pick it up on Tuesday or Wednesday of this week.

(When I get it) is there anything I should be looking at specifically to replace soon? He sold it to me certified and emissions tested (I live in Ontario, Canada) so the car should be sound, but who knows what some mechanics let go.

My previous cars have been vast, but primarily all imports (Japanese) - 1988 Mazda 323 GT ([email protected] mph), 1989 Suzuki Swift GT, Nissan Sentras, 92 Honda Civic, etc, etc.

I don't really need to go into too much detail about myself - love racing, work in IT, but I'm here to learn about these cars and have done (so far) by searching and just trolling sort of.

Plans include: suspension (shocks/springs), strut tower braces, braided brake lines/good pads (carbotech or hawk), intake, exhaust, (maybe) ecu flash, and who knows what else.

I'm happy to be part of the forum, and if there is anything specific you can direct me to to do some reading (searching IS key - I agree) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Craig

1 - 1 of 1 Posts