SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2007 FWD turbo
GA car, no heated seats (can always add) but a REAL NICE one owner car that's probably never left GA with about 100K on it.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm dicking around with the idea of keeping this one and selling the XC70.
I don't NEED to go out in the snow for any reason and we always have the wife's R which is AWD and is working perfectly if there is some emergency that we MUST to out that day.
In one day our streets and my driveway are always cleared unless we get over 12" of snow and in that case I ain't going anywhere anyway! :rolleyes:
This is lighter, handles better and has less drivetrain noises.
I can always add aftermarket heated seats for $200-$300 or so and those are usually better anyway than the factory heated seats.
We'll see when it gets here

·
Registered
853 Posts
Looks very nice.MY07S60fwd has the same wheels.I got my car 15months ago with 80G on it.Mine came out of Austin,TX.Zero rust and corrosion.A GA.car is a southern car too so you picked a cherry.I concur with you about AWD.Frankly,in my opinion,it just isn't worth the extra maintenance unless you live in a hilly or mountain area.Here in NJ,we could get a foot of snow and 4hrs.later the DOT has the roads clear.To me,AWD is a marketing gimmic.Nice to have when you need it,but when do you really need it?
Good luck with it.I'am sure you will love it.
PM me if you want.I may have a proposition for ya.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you want to buy it, then you PM or email ME, (email in signature) otherwise I'm not in the mood for propositions! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Oh look, no plate holes in the front bumper either :thumbup: I'm still about 4-6 months from pulling the trigger on the next Volvo for the family fleet, but will keep an eye on this thread in case I change my mind, and in case you don't keep it. Would understand if you did, looks nice.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sort of a waste of transportation.
Going from GA to PA then if you wanted it back to FL

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
True. The more likely scenario would be for you to find me a wagon in a few months :)

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
AWD is more of a habit than a necessity, unless you live on a mountaintop or something - in which case you'd be better of with something with low range.

Don't get me wrong, I love both my AWDs till death, but my FWD company car gets around about as well. Like you say, with massive amounts of snow you stay indoors anyway.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
My wife leaves for work before the snow plow arrives. Her missing work due to the weather is not an option, and we live on a steep hill.

AWD is mandatory.
That and she became really spoiled with a Jeep that had a full time case and a rear auto locker.
So there are definitely times when you need it. As long as you accept that you'll have more maintenance costs for the 3-4 times a year you do then that's what it is.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In your case of course

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
AWD is more of a habit than a necessity, unless you live on a mountaintop or something - in which case you'd be better of with something with low range.
Living downtown you'd think that you'd never need AWD in the winter. Well I have to park on the stree and it rarely gets plowed. When the plow does come by it will leave a snow bank 1'-2' along the row of cars, if it's wet snow then gets cold it will freeze rock solid. Also, the city doesn't plow any of the alley ways all winter, can make for some fun times.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Arrived yesterday, checked over this morning, washed and in my garage
It's really quite nice and drives like it looks.
Also has Sirius (factory).
I don't know what they found at Volvo, if anything, everyone rushed and was out the door early today.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Niiice. I always liked the white ones, and the 2007 has the signals in the mirrors (nice) and the "Classic" trim details inside. I hate the "Summum" trim on mine and would love to get the body-matched set.

I don't see the CLimate Package on it (you're North-ish, right?) and it needs new headlights in a bad way as all facelift P2s do after a couple of years. Otherwise it looks pretty clean. If you don't keep it, I'm sure you can sell it quickly.

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you read the first sentence in the first post?
This is a Southern car, it's never seen salt. Heated seats can always be added for a couple of hundred bucks
Headlights will be refinished this week along with a couple of dings removed

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Living downtown you'd think that you'd never need AWD in the winter. Well I have to park on the stree and it rarely gets plowed. When the plow does come by it will leave a snow bank 1'-2' along the row of cars, if it's wet snow then gets cold it will freeze rock solid. Also, the city doesn't plow any of the alley ways all winter, can make for some fun times.
I'm not saying it's not alot easier with AWD, but my company car never got stuck on winter roads, neither has my previous 2WD cars. Oslo is about the same, main roads get plowed and salted, sideroads rarely do, mostly because they're too narrow for a full size truck with a scrape on the front. I guess it's a habit too, like parking downhill when there's ice, trying to foresee problems that occur. Like most things, comes with experience. Again, don't get me wrong, I can't see myself buying a 2WD car in the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Heated seats can always be added for a couple of hundred bucks
It was $300 to replace one of mine that fried, the heater mat was $100 of that. Takes some time with hog ring pliers to work on that, doesn't it?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 18 of 18 Posts